Hybrid changed at 1000 miles?

I do wonder how the 4runner demographic is going to accept either an underpowered inexpensive model or the expensive hybrid.
What do you mean 'underpowered'? The non-hybrid Taco makes more power than the outgoing 4.0 in the 5th gen 4Runner, and the 4Runner never seemed to struggle selling with it's dog of a 4.0L v6.

Guys, I’ve been using the battery tachometer since getting my LC and I noticed an immediate change when I went over the 1000 mile mark today. I started seeing the LC using battery more often as well as charging better and closer to max. The change caused my mpg to tick upward.
Is it possible that the engineers programmed the engine to use less battery in the first 1000 miles to promote breaking in the mechanical engine? Am I crazy? Anyone else notice this?
I’ve noticed this as well. My gas mileage hasn’t seemed to change but I do notice that the hybrid battery kicks in a lot more. And it seems like the shifting is a little smoother. Now, if only I can get rid of the brake squeal when going in reverse…🤔

Back