how to disable back up sensor

Not sure if I understand but in the owner's manual , one has to turn off RCTA, as well as parking support. See bottom of image. I did this with my rack and no issue.

1721237070319.png

Attachments

• 1721236993351.png
    1721236993351.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 37
This is probably a dumb question but Im going to ask it anyway. I just installed a hitch bike rack for my mountain bikes but the back up sensor keeps giving a warning and then slams on the brakes. Not ideal as I have the rack on year round. Tried to follow the manual to disable with no success. I read that if a 7 pin trailer plug is inserted it prevents the warnings. Maybe the final solution. I would appreciate any ideas or thoughts.
Love this idea - will try this AM. Although not ideal I’ve tried every other idea in this thread including the Tow/Haul button, trailer brake button combined w/ volume on display, Carista (didn’t have option for back up sensor)…. Wrote letter but doubt it’ll get to anyone helpful.

Has anyone actually gotten one of those trailer wiring plugs and been successful with avoiding the auto-brake and annoying sounds?

turn off 3 items: Intuitive Parking Assist in the DID, Rear Cross Traffic alert in the DID, and then Rear Parking Assist which is the button near the fuel door release button, left of steering wheel.
When all three of these are off, you’ll have no alerts. You’ll have no sudden breaking stops and you can carry your bike anywhere you want.
One thing to know once you’re in drive moving forward, you can turn rear parking assist back on to clear the message on the DID. (Button by fuel door release)

turn off 3 items: Rear Parking Assist in the DID, Rear Cross Traffic alert in the DID, and then Rear Parking Assist which is the button near the fuel door release button, left of steering wheel.
When all three of these are off, you’ll have no alarms. You’ll have no sudden breaking stops and you can carry your bike anywhere you want.
One thing to know once you’re in drive moving forward, you can turn we are parking assist back on to clear the message on the DID.
Maybe I’m Galatically Stupid but what is the DID?

turn off 3 items: Intuitive Parking Assist in the DID, Rear Cross Traffic alert in the DID, and then Rear Parking Assist which is the button near the fuel door release button, left of steering wheel.
When all three of these are off, you’ll have no alerts. You’ll have no sudden breaking stops and you can carry your bike anywhere you want.
One thing to know once you’re in drive moving forward, you can turn rear parking assist back on to clear the message on the DID. (Button by fuel door release)
I achieved this without turning off Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Just the parking assist in the DID and the physical button on the left.

If you only do the physical button, the cruiser will still yell at you. If you only do the setting you get auto-braked.

🤦‍♂️

I saw on Reddit this morning another user posted that the tow/haul button will disable the sensors.
You’d think… but I just tried that this weekend and that didn’t work for me - I had to manually disable multiple sensors/options, and will try to figure out which one(s) exactly clear the beeping. The parking button on the left side of the steering wheel seems to be the main one that stops breaking.

Yeah but then you have to dismiss this warning every time you start the truck:

1724696596578.jpeg

Still, better than the emergency braking due having the bike rack attached. This is in the top 5 gripes I have on the new generation.

Back