How often do you try to start your LC with the MODE SELECT button?

How often do you try to start your LC by pressing the MODE SELECT button?

• Every. Single. Darn. Time.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Most of the time, and then I remember...

• Once in a while when I’m in a rush.

• I’ve re-programmed my brain to reach behind the wheel to find the START button.

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

LandCruiserJ

📛 Founding Member
Aug 21, 2024
Media
CT USA
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
For me, it’s Every. Single. Darn. Time.

From a UX standpoint, kind of weird how “hidden” the actual START button is. Takes some “groping in the dark."

Currently working on brain-reprogramming. Not going so well. How about you?

It is the first place my hand reaches for Every Time, but I haven't yet pressed it.
I never use that button anyway, other than in the first five mins in the car just to see what it did - otherwise I am a boring Eco mode user.

I wish there were more uses for the mode select dial, it's so well made and the clicks are very satisfying.

The start button is in the same spot as my other & previous Toyotas, and the same general area where keys have traditionally been inserted when there is no start button. No reprogramming required here!

Had to really think about what the OP was talking about… I have never pushed the Mode Select button to try to start the LC. Maybe it’s because I came from a truck that started with a key and the start button is in essentially the same place as the key hole…

Almost every time since my Grand Highlander has the ignition button in the same area. I also find myself still reaching for the column shifter when shifting into drive.

Back