How do you name your Land Cruiser

Marinna

đź“› Founding Member
Jun 18, 2024
Media
California
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Hi everyone. I have a few ideas but havn't officially decided how to name my LC J250. I am interested to know how you name your new adorable baby LC

So, in my family we totally name every car and when I share that with friends they think it’s weird.. 🤷‍♂️.. have named every car since I was 15 (tomato) to my latest LC aka “RedLand”

Simple,.. I asked her.. She replied, “Miss Daisy”.

Attachments

• IMG_6370.jpeg
    IMG_6370.jpeg
    402 KB · Views: 65
We give everything a nickname. This LC got the nickname Space Car by my wife because of all the funny noises it makes. I also refer to all my vehicles as she and her. Didn't realize it until someone pointed it out to me.

It usually just comes to me by how they make me feel after a few drives.

Pictured below are "Lil Beast", "Beast", and "Write Off".

Attachments

• IMG_1879.jpeg
    IMG_1879.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 65
Though to tell the gender right off the bat? I had an FJ60 that started to piss gas to mark its territory, so I knew then... it was a boy!

I usually name my adventure vehicles. The LC has been christened "the Ogre" because it's a beast (already used that one on an earlier apocalypse 4x4 Sportsmobile van) and the Trail Dust color is so similar to a 1970's color called "Ochre".

Attachments

• IMG_5212.jpg
    IMG_5212.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 30
I have a 1st Edition in the meteor color and I named it Bender because with the color and the round headlights it kinda looks like Bender from Futurama.

So far it's just The Beast. But I am required to follow my daughters' suggestions for naming and I am outvoted 2-0 on every car. They haven't ridden in it yet.

It will be a boy.

Mine is Rocinante, the name Cervantes gave to Don Quixote's horse. (That doesn't make me Don Quixote, does it?)

But unlike Don Quixote's horse, my LC isn't skinny, awkward, past its prime or ill-suited for its activities. And like Don Q, I plan to have many exciting adventures with the old nag.

Back