How are owners feeling about cargo space

chris_in_phx

đź“› Founding Member
Dec 5, 2023
Media
Phoenix, AZ
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
how are owners feeling about the available cargo space, especially for things like 3-4 person/family roadtrip or fishing outtings?

Just took a road trip over the weekend with the 3 of us and our dog. More than enough space. So much so, I’m taking the roof rack off, as I’ll never need it. Plus get better mpg.

Depends if it is a guy's trip or women are involved. 4 guys and a 4 day trip to fish no issues

Wife and her sister 3 day trip, had to lay one of the back seats down for storage.

Have taken 4 250+ mile trip s to our summer home now and it is tight with wife, 16yo daughter and a medium dog (brittany). It's not that it isn't comfortable, but once my wife tries to unload all her baggage in the front, there is no place to put it. 2 Phones, Laptop, Sunglasses, drink, snacks and whatever else she crams in that purse. Then all she does is complain that the Grand Cherokee had more room, yada yada yada. Her highlander also has plenty of storage spots, but the LC - None - Not even a sunglass pocket.
I've carried a 50" TV, Construction material, Bike and a 9'rug so far and with one person, the cargo space is OK, since the seats fold down, but the step from folded seat level to cargo platform level is annoying.

After moving all my stuff, I realized the coolbox eliminates the storage in the center console.

For most trips, I think the Land Cruiser will meet our needs. We just came back from camping in Maryland and we had a small generator and 2 X 65qt RTIC (Yeti) Coolers along with a lot of other gear. For the Honda Ridgeline (Truck) that was not a problem. With the Toyota it will require some things to be moved to the camper. That being said, we only need the coolers for big family camping which is 1X or 2X a year.

Back