Hi everyone!

lando927

📛 Founding Member
Oct 18, 2024
California
Vehicles
2024 LC 250
Hi guys! Lando here from SoCal. Just picked up a FE LC250 over a week ago. Dealer had one on the lot and had to check it out. Don’t remember the full term but the dealer called it a ‘brass cap’. Meaning it had about 5K miles, broken in, by Toyota Corporate. Used for their media and shows. Couldn’t pass up on it so traded in a 2021 Tacoma for it. Not looking back! Haha.

Hello Lando, and congrats on your purchase! Have never heard the term "brass cap". Could it have been one of the demo vehicles we have viewed on YouTube driven by Toyota shills?

Just remembered, Brass Hat, is the correct term.

The manufacturer or dealership uses a vehicle for their own internal purposes, the vehicle is often referred to as an Executive Car or a Brass Hat.

I test drove one of those corporate vehicles a few weeks ago here in SoCal too! I got scared off because the dealer still wanted full MSRP, and it had brand new tires installed. I thought the 'Toyota corporate use' was not very gentle if they burned through a set of stock tires in 5000 miles.

The best thing about a "Brass Hat" vehicle is, anything busted probably got fixed in short order. I had never heard that term either.

One thing re the demo vehicles that would be of concern to me is the full-throttle tests prior to proper break-in. Their off-roading ventures were relatively mild, so no worry there.

Back