Windshield Wiper De-Icer Grid

toyotadude

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 28, 2024
Media
Wisconsin
Vehicles
2004 Lexus GX 470
Iโ€™ve noticed that in my Landcruiser Prem there is a grid around the windshield wiper area but nothing is mentioned about having the windshield wiper de icer grid or a button to activate it. But the grid is definitely there. Maybe in other countries itโ€™s able to be activated?

I'm wondering if it turns on when you turn on the mirror defrosters. That's how my tundra worked.

No idea. My 4Runner had wiper de-icer. The button had to be pushed to activate.

Will be very curious to see how the de-icers (etc.) work this winter. My 4Runner always had a cold spot that would constantly ice up first and be hard to clear.

Used it this morning. Works pretty well - albeit about 30F out with minimal frost. Excited to have this available but wish the mirrors were heated (1958 edition). It would be nice to have a dedicated switch for this since it does not come on when you select windshield defrost button.

I wonder if it is activated by the ambient weather conditions, like the automatic windshield washers? ๐Ÿค”

I was a little bummed to find it only in the screen options instead of a physical button like on my Rav4.

My plan is to just turn it on and leave it on for the season. I would assume that if they expected you to be turning it on and off there would be a more usable button.

I'll report back later next month!

I was a little bummed to find it only in the screen options instead of a physical button like on my Rav4.

My plan is to just turn it on and leave it on for the season. I would assume that if they expected you to be turning it on and off there would be a more usable button.

I'll report back later next month!
I believe itโ€™s on a timer. Try saying hey Toyota turn on wiper de-icer.

Back