Hello from WV, NM and places to come

KurtW

πŸ“› Founding Member
Oct 9, 2024
WV
Vehicles
Landcruiser LC
Hello from NM. My job takes me all over the country but home is the Eastern panhandle of West Virginia. Last year I bought a beat up 2001 4runner and ended up giving it to my ex. Recently I started looking at buying a new 4runner and discovered that Toyota had re-released the Land Cruiser. I test drove a 2024 4runner then the Land Cruiser and it was love at first test drive.

Next week I take possession of a LC trim in the heritage blue / grey color scheme that looks amazing. The journey to get to the finish line has been challenging; not much inventory and thus little wiggle room for negotiation. Plus many dealers using automated agents to bug me via email/text, and not understanding customer service. I finally found a dealer who not only asked me what I was looking for, but went out found the vehicle I wanted. So far I have been very pleased with Younger Toyota in Hagerstown, MD.

If all goes well, next Thursday I'll be driving away with the LC, and then next Sunday I start a 1,700 mile road trip back to NM. I look forward to learning from and participating in the forum.

-Kurt

😎 another NM cruiser. Welcome, be safe and look out for crazy Rubicon and Bronco and maniacs.
Thanks. Right now I'll only be in NM another month after I buy the LC. Then I've got some time off; afterwards I don't know where I'll be sent. In the meantime I'm looking at replacing the stock tires and doing some light off-roading in the Santa Fe area, where I am based.

Back