HEADS UP DISPLAY ADJUSTMENT?????

Dr. M

📛 Founding Member
Aug 12, 2023
Media
Minnesota
Vehicles
Genesis GV80 Hyundai Tucson PHEV
My LC FE finally arrived two days ago. Trying to spend lots of time in the Manual, but, struggling to find the place to adjust content, brightness, and height of my HUD (Heads Up Display). Says it is under the Settings Gear icon, but, I can’t find it anywhere. Anyone else having this challenge. OR, can anyone help me find how to make those adjustments, please? Thank you! Dr. M

Under setting gear there's an option to turn the hud on and off ( Ithink its the very first option). Hold OK while on that option and the adjustment options will come up.

My LC FE finally arrived two days ago. Trying to spend lots of time in the Manual, but, struggling to find the place to adjust content, brightness, and height of my HUD (Heads Up Display). Says it is under the Settings Gear icon, but, I can’t find it anywhere. Anyone else having this challenge. OR, can anyone help me find how to make those adjustments, please? Thank you! Dr. M

Attachments

• 17220984978612531974663798522480.jpg
    17220984978612531974663798522480.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 101
Ah……thank you. I was looking for it on the Main 12 inch screen under that gear. Appreciate your assistance.

Does the Rotation option allow you to change the polarization of the HUD to adjust for polarized sunglasses?
The rotation option literally rotates the display left or right so you can even it out how you want. It doesn't flip polarization.

Does the Rotation option allow you to change the polarization of the HUD to adjust for polarized sunglasses?
The polarization is caused by the reflection of the image off the inside of the windshield. There's nothing projector adjustments can do to change that unfortunately, it's just physics. See: Brewster's angle

15-Polarization-by-reflection-and-refraction.png

The polarization is caused by the reflection of the image off the inside of the windshield. There's nothing projector adjustments can do to change that unfortunately, it's just physics. See: Brewster's angle

View attachment 6164
And does installing ceramic tint on the inside of the windshield have any deleterious effects on the HUD images?? (Just checking. Someone else said it didn’t.)

And does installing ceramic tint on the inside of the windshield have any deleterious effects on the HUD images?? (Just checking. Someone else said it didn’t.)
I don't know enough about the ceramic tint to really say, but probably not?

Does anyone know how to get Navigation directions to show up in the HUD? Mine did show up initially, and now I can’t figure out how to get them back up there. Only in the cluster behind the steering wheel. Thanks for your help, in advance. Dr. M

View attachment 6164
I understand polarization. Some manufacturers add in the ability to rotate the polarization of the HUD to work better with polarized sunglasses. Similar to how when you tilt your head side to side the polarization of the sunglasses gets out of sync with the light reflecting off of the glass and you are able to see it better.

I understand polarization. Some manufacturers add in the ability to rotate the polarization of the HUD to work better with polarized sunglasses. Similar to how when you tilt your head side to side the polarization of the sunglasses gets out of sync with the light reflecting off of the glass and you are able to see it better.
With the way this HUD works, the windshield determines the direction of polarization, it's not possible to change it. Perhaps other manufacturers have a different implementation. Our Volvo HUD is the same as the Toyota, the projector is in the dash and projects an image up to reflect off the inside of the windshield to the driver, creating a polarized image. The rotation function tilts the image and has nothing to do with polarization direction which is determined by the angle of the windshield.

Edit to add: this implementation, which relies on a reflection, unfortunately creates a polarized image with almost the same polarization every other bit of reflection and glare will have if the sun is straight up, which is what polarized glasses are trying to filter out. Leaving us all with the choice of polarized glasses or HUD.

Rearranging the earlier figure maybe makes it clear what's happening?

15-Polarization-by-reflection-and-refraction.jpg

Does anyone know how to get Navigation directions to show up in the HUD? Mine did show up initially, and now I can’t figure out how to get them back up there. Only in the cluster behind the steering wheel. Thanks for your help, in advance. Dr. M
There's a thread on this, this might be the answer?

NavigationHUD

Back