Has Anyone Traded Their 4Runner Limited in for the LC?

Esquire

📛 Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Media
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black
I have finally received my allocation of my LC Premium.

I am trading in my '22 4R Limited.

Curious on the thoughts of those who have traded their 4Runners in for the LC.

I have enjoyed my 4R Limited, however, it does get quite unstable on the highway/interstate and you really have to drive it.

Looking forward to a smoother ride and more refined ride with the LC Premium.

Well I am nearly same. Selling my TRD Pro 4Runner on Monday in private sale after picking up my Land Cruiser about 4 weeks ago.
I really enjoyed the 4Runner and have had 3 of them. SR5, Limited, and now the TRD. Honestly it is tough to let the 4Runner go, and I have tried to rationalize why I should hold on to it, but the LC is far and above a better vehicle in my opinion. So letting it go and not looking back.🥲

Lots of threads about this, but I’ll retell my story:

I traded in a 2018 TRD Pro 4Runner, Cavalry Blue, that I bought new in Jan 2018. Traded in with 61k miles.

My LC Premium is a much bigger car. Taller and wider and it feels that way. Over the life of my 4Runner I averaged 18.4mpg. Currently at 20.2 after a thousand miles. The interior is nicer, but some of the tech is over the top. I love that it’s full time 4x4.

I wanted a new rig and the ‘25 4Runner is aimed at a different demographic (I’m a 54yo Boomer). It looks like it’s trying to hard. Overall I’m stoked about my Land Cruiser.

Attachments

• IMG_2776.jpeg
    IMG_2776.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 14
Very similar to you Proyota except I have you by 4 years, and my 2017 4Runner TRD Pro has only 32K miles!
I was getting 17.5mpg and at 975 miles on LC I am getting about 21mpg so this is nice. And could improve from here.
I was on the waiting list for the 25' TRD Pro and when I saw the look, it appears to me to be a little over the top in terms of trying too hard to look aggressive. Maybe my age as well😂 I'll take the LC.

Passed my 2015 SR5 4runner to one of my twins away at college since his 94 Toyota pickup died this summer

4Runner without kdss drove horribly on the road. After getting an allocation for a trd orp with kdss I noticed a big difference. Kdss made those vehicles ride like a sports car. The new lc handles nearly as well as a 4Runner with kdss.

Actually the first one I got with kdss was a trail.

Back