Grille Light Bar

dtxlcfe

📛 Founding Member
Sep 25, 2024
Media
Dallas
Vehicles
2024 land cruiser 250 FE
Bringing this post over from the FB group.

Found the nearest to perfect length light bar for the existing bolts in the lower grill. No drilling or cutting. I just had to dremel the bolt holes a lil bit on the light bar bracket to fit the larger oem bolts through and smack the bracket ends with a mallet a few times to bring into existing bolts width.

This took about 5 hours from start to finish and was a lot of work.

Some tips to help you save time:
1. Don’t start with a cheap $10 harbor freight dremel so you have to bike to Home Depot and get a quality one when it melts.
2. Don’t use an impact, you will snap bolts off.
3. If you have a first edition like mine or other skid plates, put the front on jack stands. I spent more time under the car than I expected.
4. Use really really really good bolt organization. I have 1 plastic trim piece and 1 screw left over idk where they go lol.

This is the x6 28 inch light bar from extreme LED. They have good discount codes including 15% off when you create an account and 10% rewards for account holders. Their customer service is also extremely amazing when I called a couple times.

The amber only should look pretty slick at night. I didn’t have the time to do the electrical today but will post some night time pics when I get that done. This one does have 2 separate switches for the outside amber and inside beams.

I plan on having Toyota clean up the broken bolt and left over screw/trim piece when I do my 5000 mile maintenance in about 1000 miles if I cant figure it out but its on there sturdy as OEM with all proximity, cross traffic sensors functioning properly. (I know the left over silver bolt goes on the back part of the front skid plat, was just tired at the end of the night lol)

If anyone wants to detail the front fender flare/wheel well screws and trim pieces for me. maybe I can figure out where those extra 2 pieces go. The Ed Martin headlight replacement video I followed on YT doesn't detail it very well and kinda dark during that part.

Attachments

• IMG_4991.jpg
    IMG_4991.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4992.jpg
    IMG_4992.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4993.jpg
    IMG_4993.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4994.jpg
    IMG_4994.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4995.jpg
    IMG_4995.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4999.jpg
    IMG_4999.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5001.jpg
    IMG_5001.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4996.jpg
    IMG_4996.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5004.jpg
    IMG_5004.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 25
Wow..lots of work! No wonder shops are charging so much for this. In some cases the labor is more expensive than the parts, especially for a good quality light brand.

Are you hooking up to a panel?

Wow..lots of work! No wonder shops are charging so much for this. In some cases the labor is more expensive than the parts, especially for a good quality light brand.

Are you hooking up to a panel?
was thinking about doing an aux beam or something like that but for now I only want to do this bar and some ditch lights so I may just hard wire to the front terminal and use the CH4x4 cube switches in place of the blanks to the left and right of the steering wheel. my goal is to not drill or cut literally anything factory and I know its small but the aux beam would require drilling in the fuse box cover to mount. at least until they come up with a bracket.
You are right about the shops charging a lot for removing the front bumper but it is worlds easier for them having the car up on a lift!

was thinking about doing an aux beam or something like that but for now I only want to do this bar and some ditch lights so I may just hard wire to the front terminal and use the CH4x4 cube switches in place of the blanks to the left and right of the steering wheel. my goal is to not drill or cut literally anything factory and I know its small but the aux beam would require drilling in the fuse box cover to mount. at least until they come up with a bracket.
You are right about the shops charging a lot for removing the front bumper but it is worlds easier for them having the car up on a lift!
The new Auxbeam switch panels comes with brackets that do not go on top of the fuse box. They can be bolted to the side wall.

The new Auxbeam switch panels comes with brackets that do not go on top of the fuse box. They can be bolted to the side wall.
When I run out of blank switch locations I will probably go this route. thanks.

Back