Fuse Locations/12v Ignition Supply

Meteor

📛 Founding Member
Oct 14, 2024
Media
SC
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser
I'm looking to hardwire a Valentine One radar detector, and this would be a simple task if the fuses were inside the cabin. Am I reading the manual right; all fuses are in the engine bay?

If so, is there an alternative place I can tap 12v that powers with the ignition without going through the firewall? Man, I hate doin' that! I searched and found a few threads relating to the 12v cigarette lighter in the back seat. I'm not sure tapping that then running leads to where I need them would be easier than going through the firewall.

I'm looking to hardwire a Valentine One radar detector, and this would be a simple task if the fuses were inside the cabin. Am I reading the manual right; all fuses are in the engine bay?

If so, is there an alternative place I can tap 12v that powers with the ignition without going through the firewall? Man, I hate doin' that! I searched and found a few threads relating to the 12v cigarette lighter in the back seat. I'm not sure tapping that then running leads to where I need them would be easier than going through the firewall.
Actually going through the fire wall is as easy as removing the dvr's door sill plate, removing the dvr's kick panel and a rubber grommet, no tools needed.

Remove the grommet circle in red below (not my picture) poke a hole in it with an ice pick (don't slice it) poke your wire(s) through the hole, about 10" or so. From the inside looking up you will see some jude padding, look above that, or feel with your hand and locate the wires......... push the grommet back in done!

If you search this forum (top R/H of your screen) for "EOD Guy's Ride" I show where I tapped into the unused fuse slots for ACCy power.

Additionally the interior fuse box is located under the glove box, behind the trim panel.

Attachments

• Grommet.png
    Grommet.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Just to follow up my question with another question; Is this adapter some of you are using for dashcams stepping down a 12v supply to 5v?

Amazon.com

Actually going through the fire wall is as easy as removing the dvr's door sill plate, removing the dvr's kick panel and a rubber grommet, no tools needed.

Remove the grommet circle in red below (not my picture) poke a hole in it with an ice pick (don't slice it) poke your wire(s) through the hole, about 10" or so. From the inside looking up you will see some jude padding, look above that, or feel with your hand and locate the wires......... push the grommet back in done!

If you search this forum (top R/H of your screen) for "EOD Guy's Ride" I show where I tapped into the unused fuse slots for ACCy power.

Additionally the interior fuse box is located under the glove box, behind the trim panel.
Oh that's good! Thank you.

Has anyone used that interior fuse panel to tap power?

Oh that's good! Thank you.

Has anyone used that interior fuse panel to tap power?
It is the "micro" fuses, if you use a tap you won't be able to get the cover back on.

If you use a "Mini" fuse tap from Amazon, you can use an empty slot in the dvr's side under hood fuse box.

It is the "micro" fuses, if you use a tap you won't be able to get the cover back on.

If you use a "Mini" fuse tap from Amazon, you can use an empty slot in the dvr's side under hood fuse box.
Cool. I will check that out and asses options. Thanks!

I am curious about the 5-pin adapter supplying 12v and if it's stepped down to 5v by that Dongar part. It might be worth pulling the map light panel down and checking with a multimeter if no one knows.

My Redline 360 Radar Det install is on my build page. Clean with only 3" of wire showing.
Your mods are insane! Is there a panel in that vehicle you haven't pulled off? Seriously... impressive!

@EOD Guy, since you've dissected your LC to such an extent, would you know where I might find this 5-pin connector Dongar uses?
5-pin.jpg

Apparently, it is 12 volts coming out of that connector and their adapter steps it down to 5 volts. If I can get the 5-pin connector with leads, I could connect my current setup and house the parts above the map lights.

Back