Found out what happens when you don't move your hands on the steering wheel enough...

LC3

đź“› Founding Member
Sep 10, 2024
Media
Greensboro NC
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser, 20!5 4runner
LC beeps at you and disengages cruise control then tells you to refer to your owners manual. How tf am I supposed to do that while I'm driving???? After a few minutes of cycling through mysetting got cruise going again or it was done putting me on timeout. Haven't looked it up yet.

One of the first things I did was turn that stuff off. My first ride was so annoying I almost brought it back. Apparently my arm was blocking the sensor and the car was spamming me error messages.

One of the first things I did was turn that stuff off. My first ride was so annoying I almost brought it back. Apparently my arm was blocking the sensor and the car was spamming me error messages.
I don't have the premium with the eye monitoring tech. That would be a bit much I think.

This morning mine warned me that I was slouching. My mom would be proud (of the car).

(apparently when you don't sit up straight, it can't see your face - and it somehow distinguishes that from some other event)

• Haha
Reactions: LC3
Thankfully the 58 edition doesn’t have that. I do have the lane departure bs that got promptly turned off. That was annoying as all hell.

I love my 1958 although it took a few days to “configure” to my liking. Turned off lane departure assist, which I regard as dangerous. (Former high performance driving instructor here). Refused to download the Toyota app. My sales guy plugged my vin into his app so that I could decline all the connected features. Turned off the multi-media display. Now there is an attractive gloss black surface on the dash where the largely useless and visually annoying screen would otherwise be present. Yes, the screen comes back to life when the backup camera is activated and the parking collision monitoring system engages. Then it turns back off again. I can play Spotify via Bluetooth without dealing with Apple CarPlay. Phone calls do turn the display back on but I don’t have too many and can easily turn it off again. Gas mileage rarely drops below 25 mpg.

I’d like to turn off the back seat monitor/warning system as it is unnecessary for my situation. Haven’t figured out how to do it yet.

I’d like to turn off the back seat monitor/warning system as it is unnecessary for my situation. Haven’t figured out how to do it yet.
Same here - if that is the red light that shows up in my console with three dots? I very rarely have anyone in my backseat, so it is just a distraction on the console.

I want the parking sensors and I want the blind spot monitoring, but otherwise want the nanny features off on mine, but haven't yet figured out how. It is good to hear that they stay off once disabled - in my Ridgeline I would have to reset stuff every time and it was a fine line between how much I hated doing that and how much I hated it pulling the wheel when it (incorrectly) thought I was leaving a lane.

Back