First Impressions - 520 mile trip

Seizemnt

📛 Founding Member
Aug 6, 2024
nebraska
We ended up buying our Land Cruiser quite a distance from where we live. All the dealers close by had very limited allotment and I was not about to pay $65k for a vehicle that didn’t have the colors and features we wanted.

We got a LC trim with premium package. Underground exterior and Java interior.
Quite an impressive looking vehicle.

The dealer initially wanted to add a $7,500 markup and I told him NO! Then he folded and said, “okay, I’ll take that off”. It makes me wonder how much money the dealer has made off these markups when people don’t understand…

Came from a Sentra, so this thing is a beast. Driven a Tundra/Sequoia before and this LC drives way better in my opinion. Not nearly the clunkiness.

The first drive in it was a 520 mile road trip to get home. (Flew to the dealership).
I averaged about 75 mph and got 18.1 MPG on premium. Not a huge worry for me, but a 280 mile range is a little disappointing.

I noticed a little wind noise around the window/mirrors, but other wind noise was very unnoticeable. (And I am a big “quiet car guy”).

I love the driving position and how the center counsel is in the perfect spot for your elbow to rest.

Only issue I had was the wireless Apple CarPlay either isn’t set up right or i need to use the cord instead. For instance, I had music playing but when I wanted to do a voice command, the Siri icon came up but the music never shut off. Same thing happened when it would try to have it read a text message to me; the music wouldn’t stop playing.
Anyone else noticed this?

Just a few tweaks to how you drive the rig will yield a big difference in range. My recent road trip saw 400+ miles per tank

IMG_3215.jpeg

Did you reset the mpg before leaving the dealer? I think you may have hours of idling in that mpg

Back