Finally got to put hands on LC FE... roof rack seems flimsy!

b407driver

📛 Founding Member
Jun 7, 2024
Colorado
Vehicles
2016 4Runner TPP KDSS (waiting...)
Had no idea the front/rear fairings are plastic, and the rack is much less sturdy than it looks in pictures. All the holes/opening on the side I assumed to be for externally-mounting stuff, but after grabbing and twisting, there's no way it'd carry any weight more than maybe a shovel. Sure looks good in pictures, but man is it overpriced for what it is. Guess I'll be deleting and going with Westcott's, or maybe a Rhino.

Also not a big fan of the 18" wheel design, as the spokes stick out substantially, and will certainly get thrashed more than TRD Pro (or similar) rims. {dumb tire choice with the Michelins, too}

I liked the skid plate implementation; certainly not as thick as the 4Runner TRD Pro aluminum plate, but definitely enough for most light bashing that I might do (I hope!). Also 4 points for recovery, the real deal.

Love the Meteor Shower; now that I've seen it, it will likely prompt me to possibly wait even longer for an LC LC+P.

PS: I had a potential option to buy this very vehicle at MSRP, but declined due to the $5.4k price increase for the First Edition over a similarly-equipped LC LC+P. Can't wait!

IMG_3905.jpg
IMG_3884.jpg
IMG_3895.jpg
IMG_3912.jpg

Nice pictures. What's wrong with the Michelins? They typically have a good mileage warranty.

i think that roof rack is also only rated 165lb dynamic which seems really low to me…but i dont overland so I have no experience .

Where in Colorado? I have the same truck on order but it has been delayed since April when it arrived in Portland. Thank you.

Where in Colorado? I have the same truck on order but it has been delayed since April when it arrived in Portland. Thank you.
It's funny should say that. I have the same truck on order as well with a deposit and signed contract. Three weeks ago the dealer contacted me and said it was released for QC hold and should be at the dealership in a couple of weeks. Today they contacted me and said it has been delayed. I was looking on this site to see if there is anyway to track the vin number to ensure they have the allocation they sold me.

Back