Bumps and Bruises? Make me (us) feel better?

McCloud_Rainbow

📛 Founding Member
Jul 2, 2024
Media
NorCal
Vehicles
2024 LC FE
Ok…looking for group therapy and know I am not alone. Here are my bumps and bruises so far. All self inflicted I am sad to admit.

First is scrape on the skids from rock crawling the Rubicon. No pictures, but that is what skids are for.

Second is the divot I put in the headliner while moving an exercise bike when it shifted (posted already).

Most recent one is dent and paint scrape on the tailgate from the bike falling when I opened the bike rack. Disabled park assist for the rack…didn’t need it…it couldn’t save me from myself!

Anyone else want to join the party? Strength in numbers!

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2534.jpeg

ive seen videos of body shops using those suction cup things to get door dents out…never seen it done in person but might be an option?

ive seen videos of body shops using those suction cup things to get door dents out…never seen it done in person but might be an option?
Thanks. I’ve got a request for evaluation from dent pro for that. Body shop said it is too close to the seam to pull, but will see what the suction cup guy can do. Plus paint is scraped and that part of the tailgate is aluminum too.

Probably will just live with it as a battle scar or put a sticker on as a band-aid.

I agree. I love having a pristine car but I almost would prefer to buy one with 10k miles and some built in character so I wouldn't try to baby it (like I do).
I took my daughters old Jeep mt biking this weekend so to not load a bunch of guys and gear into my new car. Felt kind of silly since I bought the LC for adventure not to be under glass.

I get it. I had a black 22 Audi S5 Cabriolet. It just sat in the garage for two years because I didn't want to drive to places that had crowded parking. That's pretty hard to do in southern Cal. I sold it after two years with only 1500 miles and then decided to trade my Taco for either a LC or GX. I'm trying hard not to do the same thing with the GX. My wife and Kids are always making fun of the way I treat my vehicles.

Me: Noooo! you can't draw in the dirt, that will scratch it!
My five year old kid: Dad, it's a Land Cruiser. It's supposed to get scratched!

Such wisdom!

Anyway, I have so many sunscreen stains all over the softex now. Some of them are tiny little hand prints which are actually kinda cute. Gotta remember the goal is to collect memories, not showroom vehicles.

IMG_8961.jpeg

Worrying just means you suffer twice.
This still feels like the dumbest way to get my first ding. I leaned against something with the fob in my pocket and opened the rear hatch in my closed garage. Naturally this bend hit one of the sheet metal brackets.

Attachments

• IMG_0039.jpeg
    IMG_0039.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 64
OK, I bought mine from a dealer 250 miles away. On the drive home I started feeling sick, as I pulled off the freeway I vomited in the car. 2 days later I was going to work and accidentally hit the rear hatch button, it opened into the garage door and hit the hinge and scraped up the back. Lastly I was going on vacation and had to reroute due to forest fires, the alternate route was very twisty, my dog threw up in the back seat and floor boards. I have around 600 miles on it!

I've been babying mine trying not to let something happen to it. Don't know what's worst. Getting a ding or worrying about getting one.
I don’t know about you, but I’m circling parking lots nonstop. And I’m always so frustrated when I come out and somebody’s right next to me and I’m like really you also wanted to walk 2 miles into target…. when there were plenty of spots a mile closer.

Less than 24 hours of ownership and my wife opened the rear hatch with the garage door open and put a scratch through the paint... Got the dealer to touch it up at no charge... (Should've paid, I could have done a better job touching it up LOL)

OK, I bought mine from a dealer 250 miles away. On the drive home I started feeling sick, as I pulled off the freeway I vomited in the car. 2 days later I was going to work and accidentally hit the rear hatch button, it opened into the garage door and hit the hinge and scraped up the back. Lastly I was going on vacation and had to reroute due to forest fires, the alternate route was very twisty, my dog threw up in the back seat and floor boards. I have around 600 miles on it!
That's brutal. I know that sinking feeling in your stomach. We got a new puppy at the same time as my last new car. Guess how we found out he's not a fan of car rides.

That's brutal. I know that sinking feeling in your stomach. We got a new puppy at the same time as my last new car. Guess how we found out he's not a fan of car rides.
My GR dog loves a car ride ….. he’s seatbelted in and so he’s just in one tidy place-back passenger . He never throws up, 😇 but… with the wind blowing his golden hair out the window it’s also blowing his drool 🤤 all down the outside passenger door from his window to the bottom trim …
So even when my LC is clean (which isn’t today) is dirty.

Attachments

• IMG_8972.jpeg
    IMG_8972.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 29
Back