FE Roof Rack with Cargo Box?

Midmarkwest

šŸ“› Founding Member
Feb 14, 2024
Minnesota
Vehicles
4runner
Wondering if anyone with the first edition style factory roof rack has tried to attach a Thule or Yakima rooftop cargo box? Curious if this factory rack has clearance to attach the box and keep it forward enough for the rear hatch to open?

Wondering if anyone with the first edition style factory roof rack has tried to attach a Thule or Yakima rooftop cargo box? Curious if this factory rack has clearance to attach the box and keep it forward enough for the rear hatch to open?
Should be fine, I donā€™t have a box but Iā€™m putting a RTT up on top and it will just overhang the moonroof 12-16ā€.

Should be fine, I donā€™t have a box but Iā€™m putting a RTT up on top and it will just overhang the moonroof 12-16ā€.
I have never understood the RTT ā€˜thingā€™ā€¦ why not just set up a tent? Donā€™t our truckā€™s roofs have load limits? Do they stay on 24/7/365? Only to be used occasionally? And carrying around the added weight and the added wind drag is going to zap any chance at fuel economy.. Just asking..

I have never understood the RTT thingā€¦ Donā€™t our truckā€™s roofs have load limits? Do they stay on 24/7/365? Only to be used occasionally? And carrying around the added weight and the added wind drag is going to zap any chance at fuel economy.. Just asking..
I bought an Inspired Overland XL which is an ultralight RTT at 86lbs. Light enough for me to take off and put in the garage when weā€™re not out on the trail. Not going to keep it up on top all the time so Iā€™ll take the fuel hit when Iā€™m using it. Static load limit is 600lbs on the FE rack / Dynamic is 165 so Iā€™m all good on that front.

Attachments

• IMG_8429.jpeg
    IMG_8429.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8427.jpeg
    IMG_8427.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8435.jpeg
    IMG_8435.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 64
I bought an Inspired Overland XL which is an ultralight RTT at 86lbs. Light enough for me to take off and put in the garage when weā€™re not out on the trail. Not going to keep it up on top all the time so Iā€™ll take the fuel hit when Iā€™m using it. Static load limit is 600lbs on the FE rack / Dynamic is 165 so Iā€™m all good on that front.
How do you like it?

Iā€™m considering the following rooftop cargo boxes to attach to my 2024 Land Cruiser FE and wanted to know if anybody had any experience with them on the OEM roof rack:

We are going to use the cargo box primarily for hauling skis/snowboards and associated winter gear, but may use it a bit for general cargo carrying the rest of the year.

Iā€™m interested in their functionality as well as how well they integrate/fit on the First Edition roof rack keeping in mind that we want the rear cargo door to be able to open and close.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Back