FE Allocation IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

I really liked the trucks power and technology but it was a combination of things all added up.
1. Had a couple of stalled instances, months apart that concerned me.
2. The recalls, but mainly the engine recall. After looking at all the data about the part number changes and current main bearings production being stopped I concluded (this is my conclusion by the way) this may be a design issue and my truck will eventually be affected. I didn't like the idea of it being torn down by someone other than myself.
3. I have a 2020 LC200. I traded in a 2017 Tundra for this one. Very happy with it. No recalls, no problems at 47K miles.
4. I feel the Inline engines are best suited for turbo use. This I4 has 5 main bearings, whereas the V6 has 4. The inline engine crankshafts/mains supposedly don't get as much strain because of the orientation of the cylinders being up/down verses those on an angle. They also offset the crankshaft off center from the cylinders and that is supposed to help. Again this is my deduction and someone else may have their own opinion.
5. I wanted to have one of the last and now one of the first LC's. I wanted to be able to drive both and see how the new one is built vs the older one. So far I'm seeing some features they cut out of this new one, such as the 200 can lock and unlock from all four doors. The new one only from the front doors.
6. I figured I can always get another Tundra once they get everything corrected. I may not be able to get a FE after this year. And if this new one does well I "may" trade in the 200 for a Tundra. It will have to earn my trust. first. The 200 has already done that.
7. I got top trade in on Tundra and no markups or add-ons for the LC, and better interest rate so it made it a better choice.
8. It was made in Japan and I can definitely feel the difference in how solid it feels over the Tundra. I felt the same way when I went from the 2017 Tundra to the 2020 LC. The 2020 LC with 47k miles felt better put together than the 2023 Tundra. Still feels like I drove it off the lot.
9. So I am taking my chances on the first year LC. Time will tell if it was a good move.
Very informative thanks for sharing

OK, so hear me out. I'm just not sure if I want the FE or the LC model. The FE seems overpriced - is it worth it? Is the 4 banger engine too small? Will I like it more than my Runner?
You are where I was 2 months ago... I looked at the options and choose the LC with premium package!
It has everything the FE has in terms of Comfort, and not actually lacking in anything worth noting.

Now to the head lights.... Why would you but the cheapest and most expensive LC with the same headlights? That's crazy stupid!

Think about this.... Next year and the following years when the first edition is no longer available... the square head lights will be come associated as top of the line... in options

So why take your top of the line LC and then link it to the lowest LC in your line up as in options? Just look how much off road options the 1958 lacks compaired to the Base LC...

So in 2 to 4 years... while your driving your every expensive First Edition.... Everyone will think you own a 1958 edition... because no will even remember that they made a 1st edition in the first place... I think you get the point... Paying extra for the FE... has many drawbacks... But as they say in Breaking Bad series.... "The heart wants what the heart wants!"

Get what you want.... As No one really cares what you drive anyway.
They only care what they drive... When have you ever cared about what someone else drove... Think about that!

...and I'm freaked out. Is this the right vehicle? I LOVE my 4Runner 5th Gen (EXCEPT for the lack of get up and go). Talk me down, guys.
I traded my 2017 4R for the LC this week. I’ve had 2 4R’s, 2 Tundras, and an FJ.
There is absolutely no comparison on any level of the 4R and LC. The LC rides better has better steering response more precise handling more torque fantastic interior better driving position great visibility lots of headroom due to height and at least as good probably more off-road capability. It's ridiculously good looking. IMO it’s what the new 4R should be.
The FE is expensive but actually they are all expensive. Getting the FE is a good idea if you have the $ it’s personal. This is it there’s no more and they will always be easy to sell and/or demand a premium down the road. But IMO the 1958 is cool too so really you can’t miss.
The LC feels right now like I will keep it 20+ years.

I can't do running boards anyway - I actually wheel. Rock sliders for me, all the way. Plus, I am really liking some of the mods others are doing on the LC (not FE). And I'm not sure about the round lights, prefer the rectangle. Premium gas - WHY?!
IMO, the FE is not worth the extra cost - especially here in Canada, where you're up over $100k. You can customize all the stuff on the FE after market if you wish.

That said, it IS the "First Edition" of a "new" vehicle, so I suspect there will be intrinsic resale value down the road (IF you baby it).

I ordered a LC Premium as I wasn’t that high on the list. But I never wanted the 20” wheels. When I got a chance to get a FE, I took it. Love the look of the overall package in person. And while I spent tens of thousands on Jeep mods, I’m not a young man any more and have neither the time or energy to do all that over again. But what I do have at this age is $. With the FE all I’ve got to do is throw on AT’s and I’m good to go.

And come on, the embossing on the door panel is cool. 😁

OK, so I just drove it - definitely pretty. WAY better ride than the 4Runner - for sure.

Impressions:
  • Rock Rails - just OK, not my pick.
  • Roof rack - meh, felt like it was plastic?
  • Engine/ Response - I think we all know this one already.
  • Interior: Nice on the inside, seems like an upgrade from my Runner. It does cost a crapton tho.
She pretty tho.

Attachments

• IMG_6064.jpg
    IMG_6064.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 61
OK, so I just drove it - definitely pretty. WAY better ride than the 4Runner - for sure.

Impressions:
  • Interior: Nice on the inside, seems like an upgrade from my Runner. It does cost a crapton tho.
She pretty tho.
So did you buy it?

Impressions:
She pretty tho.
Welllll...?????? You gonna keep us in suspense??

Eek, I have 20 mins from now to decide. Do I REALLY need a FE?!

Life too short
I’m in same boat. I could get FE today, Traildust, I have a possible deal going on trading my Defender. I’m contemplating waiting and getting the LC trim with premium. Are you just losing the roof rack, rockers, skid plate, mud flaps and first edition badging? I guess the premium package you get the 20s. Looks like around 8,000 more for FE? Not sure it’s worth it, but it’s here and I could drive it off lot today.

Leaning towards customizing a Trail Dust LC trim package. With about $8k difference, I can probably make her pimp.
That is actually my choice of trim/color/package. Think better $$$ spent compared to a FE but have to wait.

I’m in same boat. I could get FE today, Traildust, I have a possible deal going on trading my Defender. I’m contemplating waiting and getting the LC trim with premium. Are you just losing the roof rack, rockers, skid plate, mud flaps and first edition badging? I guess the premium package you get the 20s. Looks like around 8,000 more for FE? Not sure it’s worth it, but it’s here and I could drive it off lot today.
20” wheel is a separate option apart from Premium package, but it’s a factory option, hence there are less produced and need longer time to get.

I feel you today!

Just picked up my FE a week ago (owner of 3 4Runners currently, 7 over all through the years and this being my 4th Cruiser to own). I have to admit, to me this is the absolute perfect vehicle. I have always loved the Defenders through the years, but would never buy one due to dependability. I think Toyota mastered it with this one personally. Narrow body, wide wheel stance, 4x4 capabilities second to none and drives like a luxury vehicle on the road. Best of all worlds to me. I immediately put 285/70/18 Nitto tires on it (no rub whatsoever) and will post pics once the Westcott lift gets here. With respect to some of the discussion around the round headlights on the base version (1958) and the FE, that is just Toyota knowing their audience. The Cruisers I owned before were two FJ60s and one FJ80 and I personally never owned a FJ62 for unsaid reasons. Glad they paid homage to the FJ60 on these two models specifically and then to the older FJ models in general with the mirrors and the air vents.

Just picked up my FE a week ago (owner of 3 4Runners currently, 7 over all through the years and this being my 4th Cruiser to own). I have to admit, to me this is the absolute perfect vehicle. I have always loved the Defenders through the years, but would never buy one due to dependability. I think Toyota mastered it with this one personally. Narrow body, wide wheel stance, 4x4 capabilities second to none and drives like a luxury vehicle on the road. Best of all worlds to me. I immediately put 285/70/18 Nitto tires on it (no rub whatsoever) and will post pics once the Westcott lift gets here. With respect to some of the discussion around the round headlights on the base version (1958) and the FE, that is just Toyota knowing their audience. The Cruisers I owned before were two FJ60s and one FJ80 and I personally never owned a FJ62 for unsaid reasons. Glad they paid homage to the FJ60 on these two models specifically and then to the older FJ models in general with the mirrors and the air vents.
Did you put those tires on the stock rims (ie. no change to offset)? Oh...and pics??

Yes I did put them on the stock wheels (only because I am a fan of what they do from the factory on the initial models of Land Cruisers) and I planned on doing the lift and the tires at the same time, but the lift wasn't ready yet (should be here this week or next) so I was a little worried up front that there may be some rub, but there has not been any whatsoever. I'll post some more pics when I get the lift. One thing I forgot earlier is that the spare does not fit properly at this size (it is under there, but hangs a little low due to a bar behind it), so I ordered a stock wheel on eBay and I am just putting one of the original tires on the new wheel to use as a spare and then I will have an extra wheel and tire after using the spare if I absolutely have to short term to get home.
1721773905642.jpeg
1721773656115.jpeg

Back