Driving assist with yellow highway lines

Fleming11

📛 Founding Member
Aug 15, 2024
Alabama
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 1st Edition
I’m new to the group so apologies if this is the wrong section, but I wanted to see if anyone else has issues with their 2024 Land Cruiser (1st edition if it makes a difference) not recognizing yellow lines on the highway - whether it’s solid or dashed, my truck only seems to recognize them about 60% of the time which sorta negates any sort of reliance on the lane assist. I tried searching and didn’t find any other posts on the problem so I’m hoping to not hear to take it in for repairs since I just got it (after 15yrs of searching for another vehicle I liked as much as my truck).
Also - how on earth does one turn off the seatbelt alarm? I called customer support and while they agreed it was the worst noise on earth they didn’t have a help-doc on how to turn it off. There has been a couple of incidents where it almost caused an accidents so for me it is causing more harm than good.

I’m new to the group so apologies if this is the wrong section, but I wanted to see if anyone else has issues with their 2024 Land Cruiser (1st edition if it makes a difference) not recognizing yellow lines on the highway - whether it’s solid or dashed, my truck only seems to recognize them about 60% of the time which sorta negates any sort of reliance on the lane assist. I tried searching and didn’t find any other posts on the problem so I’m hoping to not hear to take it in for repairs since I just got it (after 15yrs of searching for another vehicle I liked as much as my truck).
Also - how on earth does one turn off the seatbelt alarm? I called customer support and while they agreed it was the worst noise on earth they didn’t have a help-doc on how to turn it off. There has been a couple of incidents where it almost caused an accidents so for me it is causing more harm than good.
The only way to turn off the seatbelt chime without paying is to use your seatbelt.

If you don’t mind paying to disable, the seatbelt chimes, do a Google search on Carista.

The only way to turn off the seatbelt chime without paying is to use your seatbelt.

If you don’t mind paying to disable, the seatbelt chimes, do a Google search on Carista.
Agreed, use your seat belt (and your head).

I appreciate the advise about buckling but I have a disability and sometimes need to unbuckle in parking lots to properly look around me. Just looking for a way to turn it off, I will do a search for Carista

I appreciate the advise about buckling but I have a disability and sometimes need to unbuckle in parking lots to properly look around me. Just looking for a way to turn it off, I will do a search for Carista
PM me with your address if it's not too far, I'll be happy to turn it off with my Dianostic computer. or you might be able to purchase a cheap seatbelt buckle extender that might keep it from dinging.

PM me with your address if it's not too far, I'll be happy to turn it off with my Dianostic computer. or you might be able to purchase a cheap seatbelt buckle extender that might keep it from dinging.
Wow EOD Guy! Be careful, as one might be opening up a can of worms in regard to a liability exposure...

Rear seat buckle chimes drove me and my kids nuts this morning at carpool drop off. Even they were saying how terrible the sound was. The chimes are definitely persistent.

I bought a 2 pack of these to use when my dog sits in the front seat to keep it from beeping... Obviously you should NEVER drive on the road without your seatbelt.

That is incredibly kind of you! I was looking at the Carista thing last night and ordered one. I had a BlueDriver device for reading codes that I put in my daughter’s truck tool kit (she has been taught how to diagnose and repair most moderate-sized mechanical problems on a diesel truck) and I was going to get a new BlueDriver but the Carista looked way more useful so I ordered one since multiple folks here seem to have had good experiences with it.
But thanks again, and if you are ever over in Alabama shoot me a PM!

I bought a 2 pack of these to use when my dog sits in the front seat to keep it from beeping... Obviously you should NEVER drive on the road without your seatbelt.

That is awesome - that is another challenge. I am training a service dog and he will go to school pickup and such with me. Sometimes he makes it buzz, sometimes not. Having a constant loud dinging distracting me when kids are walking the car also doesn’t fall under the useful category. I will certain buy one of those for him.

Rear seat buckle chimes drove me and my kids nuts this morning at carpool drop off. Even they were saying how terrible the sound was. The chimes are definitely persistent.
Yep, I ran into that this morning too. Daughter unbuckled to get ready to exit since you only get a few seconds when it’s your turn and it was definitely not a helpful feature at that moment. Seems like maybe Toyota didn’t test this out much in the real world….fingers crossed that the Carista thing can turn it off, or better yet - be able to set a speed at which it is enabled so it’s not going off at inappropriate times when it’s more of a hazard then a safety feature.

Carista works super well. I have it and it’s fantastic.
I have it too but I don't find it to be so great. About the only thing it's been helpful for is turning off the seat belt chime. Which was huge. But there are so many improvements and it feature they should add.

Is it that it’s limited for the 2024 Land Cruiser or just in general. I was hoping to be able to use it to make some changes to my wife’s wrangler as well.

Back