Driver Monitoring Camera Recording

Marinna

📛 Founding Member
Jun 18, 2024
Media
California
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
This is officially bugging me now after I see the “REC” logo lit. I am not sure the criteria but it seems often enabled during traffic jam. I look through manual but couldn’t find any mentioning how can this recording be downloaded. I do not have integrated dashcam so zero chance it is that camera, has to be the one above your driving wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_2369.jpeg
    IMG_2369.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 49
It can be disabled. Not aware of a way to download the saved video.
It feels like the function to for Toyota to cover their liability in case somebody decided to make a claim that the ADAS run the car into an accident Toyota can prove it’s driver’s fault. Why else you need a DMC camera recording but not allowing the driver to download the video?

Here is a really good video. He talks you through how to change settings. Fast forward to 7:25 to get straight to the mmi. I don’t know exactly what your options are, but I hope this helps.

It feels like the function to for Toyota to cover their liability in case somebody decided to make a claim that the ADAS run the car into an accident Toyota can prove it’s driver’s fault. Why else you need a DMC camera recording but not allowing the driver to download the video?
I thought the point was to figure out if the driver is awake and paying attention or not. If not, do something to get their attention. There wouldn't be any point persisting the recording for that purpose.

But I don't know since I immediately turned that off.

Page 11 of the user manual explains the event data recorder (EDR) sytem and who, how, and when it can be accessed. As described, it keeps roughly 30 seconds of data surrounding a non-trivial event like a crash.

This may be different from what you are looking for but possibly a hint to how they view the recording system.

Back