StickerFab

πŸ“› Founding Member
πŸ›’ Supporting Vendor
Jul 21, 2024
Media
Fort Myers Florida
Vehicles
2024 LC
Two minute install. Probably could cut a hole in the diaper cover but this looks a little bit more rugged IMO.

I chose the brake + reverse. There's a cheaper reverse only version.

Purchase here: Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit - Universal

IMG_0850.jpeg
IMG_0851.jpeg

IMG_0849.jpeg
IMG_0853.jpeg

Thanks for posting. I ordered one today. I have a rear light in my Jeep wrangler, that had to be wired from rear to front through a channel underneath vehicle. This will make life easier. Thanks for sending light spec sheet as well.

Thank you. Found that order and it should go out either end of today or early tomorrow.

I tried ordering a cheap Chinese reverse / brake lamp a while back for our Bronco and it made it act like a trailer was attached to it. I feel like the LC would have similar issues. This setup is issue free.

Thanks for posting this, I'd seen some other post saying it didn't fit and I couldn't figure out how that could possibly be. And good to hear it doesn't trick the LC into thinking there's a trailer.

How easy is it to remove if you're going to use the hitch?

Thanks for posting this, I'd seen some other post saying it didn't fit and I couldn't figure out how that could possibly be. And good to hear it doesn't trick the LC into thinking there's a trailer.

How easy is it to remove if you're going to use the hitch?
Welcome!

You can probably remove it in 30 seconds. Just depress the tabs on the side of the lamp housing and remove it from the hitch. Then remove the plug that goes into the back of it and use the rubber cover they include (it's attached to the harness already) to cap it off. Throw the lamp in the back somewhere and hook up your trailer.

Optionally if you're worried about theft, you can remove the tabs on the lamp housing and run a hitch lock through it.

People get their panties in a bunch so easily these days! I’m not being a smart ass - it’s a legitimate question. Wondered if this is an aesthetic thing or functional or both??

I have those for a while
Removed from my 4Runner.
The reverse light on the 4Runner was pretty terrible, even with aftermarket taillights.
I have not tested how good are the LC reverse lights, but wouldn’t hurt have a bit more.

IMG_5296.jpeg

IMG_5334.jpeg

The difference is I installed it flush with the tow hitch

I have those for a while
Removed from my 4Runner.
The reverse light on the 4Runner was pretty terrible, even with aftermarket taillights.
I have not tested how good are the LC reverse lights, but wouldn’t hurt have a bit more.

View attachment 7531
View attachment 7532

The difference is I installed it flush with the tow hitch
How did you install it flush while locking it in. I like the flush look. I just ordered a hitch lock.

How did you install it flush while locking it in. I like the flush look. I just ordered a hitch lock.
Just push it past the lock.
it's tight, isn't going anywhere, plus there's a cable behind.
Even if move some (never did) it's safe.

used for over a year in my 4Runner just like that

People get their panties in a bunch so easily these days! I’m not being a smart ass - it’s a legitimate question. Wondered if this is an aesthetic thing or functional or both??
I’m curious now too after seeing this thread. It looks like it just plugs into either the 4 or 7 pin. So could be used on any car. Is the light, the reverse at least, just extra indication? Or does it actually provide some light behind you for seeing with the backup camera?

I’m curious now too after seeing this thread. It looks like it just plugs into either the 4 or 7 pin. So could be used on any car. Is the light, the reverse at least, just extra indication? Or does it actually provide some light behind you for seeing with the backup camera?
They provide two options, just brake light or brake light/ reverse light combo. I purchased the combo and the reverse light is very bright. Really helps in rural areas.

Reactions: MJE
They provide two options, just brake light or brake light/ reverse light combo. I purchased the combo and the reverse light is very bright. Really helps in rural areas.
Thanks! That makes it seem like a worthwhile mod

They do fit most vehicle with 7 pin adaptors. It's best that an application has been tested as some vehicles definitely have an * beside them on the fitment guide.

A lot of the newer vehicles detect trailers automatically and that's something you don't want when you're using this product. LouNYC covered the other part :).

Reactions: MJE
Did you have to lower the spare to install yours? I tried installing mine which I previously had on the my tundra and couldn't get the plugs past the spare.

Back