Deep scratch repair

Broken VW Owner

đź“› Founding Member
Jun 5, 2024
Media
New England
Vehicles
Land Cruiser W/PP
A couple of kids scratched the side of my new LC and I'd like to get it fixed but I'm not sure if I should do it myself or bring it to a local body shop or someplace else. This wouldn't bother me as much if it wasnt on the driver door and I didn't just spend a few hours washing and coating the car. Does a body shop have to repaint the whole door to fix this kind of stuff? Should I just buy DrColorChip instead and DIY?

1725369773260.jpeg

Just linked my post on my own deep scratch repair. Not perfect, but worked ok. Meteor shower was tough to blend in because it is metallic.

In my case, it was the tailgate and the body shop wanted to remove all badging and trims and repaint both panels on the hatch. Tried to get a professional to do the touchup and no one would take it on. They all said their work wouldn’t be good enough.

So…I looked around for all the videos on how to do this and landed on this Chris Fix video because it made the most sense and has the most views.

Good luck

Just linked my post on my own deep scratch repair. Not perfect, but worked ok. Meteor shower was tough to blend in because it is metallic.

In my case, it was the tailgate and the body shop wanted to remove all badging and trims and repaint both panels on the hatch. Tried to get a professional to do the touchup and no one would take it on. They all said their work wouldn’t be good enough.

So…I looked around for all the videos on how to do this and landed on this Chris Fix video because it made the most sense and has the most views.

Good luck
Much appreciated!

The first one is always the most painful.. but as I learned on my 2011 BMW R1200GS Adventure (avatar), they just add To the patina after a while. But I still hated every, single, one, of them.

Good luck
So I've been looking around and am struggling to find touch-up paint for the heritage blue (2ZD) on the 2024 LC but there's some paint for FJ's in Heritage Blue (8X0). According to import archive 2ZD is a combo of 1M4 (greyscale?) and 8X0 (Heritage Blue).

1725411478886.png

Surely Toyota will have touch up paint for the heritage blue LC’s!!??

So I've been looking around and am struggling to find touch-up paint for the heritage blue (2ZD) on the 2024 LC but there's some paint for FJ's in Heritage Blue (8X0). According to import archive 2ZD is a combo of 1M4 (greyscale?) and 8X0 (Heritage Blue).

View attachment 10522
Doesn’t that just mean the roof is 1M4 while the actual blue part is 8X0?

Back