Cooling box

amyrude

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 9, 2024
McKinney, Tx
Vehicles
2024 FE Landcruiser
I would like to have the cooling box removed from my 2024 FE Landcruiser. I would rather have the space. Has anyone done this or know IF it can be done?

I would like to have the cooling box removed from my 2024 FE Landcruiser. I would rather have the space. Has anyone done this or know IF it can be done?
Better yet, a swap with someone who wishes this feature.

Removing the cool box is very difficult. It is integrated into the HVAC system.
Oh, I was under the impression that it was a standalone unit, as some report it emits a noise when cooling, such as from a mini-compressor. However, makes sense it depends on the HVAC. Thinking a bit farther, how would it function in the winter, with the HVAC system focusing on heat?

Here's what I have on the disassembly.
Wow, Captain Trips is correct, appears to be integrated into the HVAC. It must demand the A/C compressor be used, even in the winter. Not sure this is a good design...

Wow, Captain Trips is correct, appears to be integrated into the HVAC. It must demand the A/C compressor be used, even in the winter. Not sure this is a good design...
Generally, when you set the HVAC system to auto the compressor will run even in the winter as it pulls the humidity out of the air.

Also a little tidbit on the operation of this cool box. The air conditioner has to be running for the cool box to be turned on. You cannot turn off the air conditioning if the cool box is on.

Also a little tidbit on the operation of this cool box. The air conditioner has to be running for the cool box to be turned on. You cannot turn off the air conditioning if the cool box is on.
Again, disappointing. I had falsely presumed the Cool Box was self-sufficient. Typically, in the winter I go to manual mode to avoid cycling the compressor. However, in the cooler months a person doesn't have much of a hankering for cold drinks.

Is there room for a holstered carry blaster in there? Something G19/G17/P30/VP9 sized?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
Barely... but I keep my throw away gun in the glove box... holster no longer fits with the gun in this glove box as it did in my Subaru. No big deal as I don't carry! Just want one in the box...

So.... what is a throw away gun? It's a cheap gun that shoots well but you don't mine getting stolen! Every 9mm I own cost over $1000.00 I shoot competition so got a cheap Canik 9mm double action with decocker for about $250.00. 8 years ago. Nice 4lb trigger...

So when someone smashes my window and steals this gun... No big lost...! Ie... throw away

FYI.... Don't make a (Hi-point) a throw away gun...

Attachments

• 20240811_094211[1].jpg
    20240811_094211[1].jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 113
Well that is a disappointing glove box.

I also have shot competitively, but itโ€™s been too long. My work life balance is heavily work biased these days.

Barely... but I keep my throw away gun in the glove box... holster no longer fits with the gun in this glove box as it did in my Subaru. No big deal as I don't carry! Just want one in the box...

So.... what is a throw away gun? It's a cheap gun that shoots well but you don't mine getting stolen! Every 9mm I own cost over $1000.00 I shoot competition so got a cheap Canik 9mm double action with decocker for about $250.00. 8 years ago. Nice 4lb trigger...

So when someone smashes my window and steals this gun... No big lost...! Ie... throw away

FYI.... Don't make a (Hi-point) a throw away gun...
There is enough room in the glove boxfor my G23 with a 22 round magazine. Memphis, you know.

So.... what is a throw away gun? It's a cheap gun that shoots well but you don't mine getting stolen!

Okay, I'll bite. Is your throw-away gun really as unsecured as your post makes it sound? I don't want to hijack this thread but I'd like to understand this better as it sounds irresponsible on the surface. I've been thinking a lot about this kind of thing lately because I've considering applying for a permit. Maybe it's a good topic for the Off-topic area.

So I just had my dealer order the basic center console storage box. The Cool box is of no use to me, I use the center console as my office. Iโ€™ll post it on here for sale soon if anyone wants it.

So I just had my dealer order the basic center console storage box. The Cool box is of no use to me, I use the center console as my office. Iโ€™ll post it on here for sale soon if anyone wants it.
Anxious to know if the replacement succeeds, as it sure appears refrigerant lines will have to be contended with. Please keep us posted.

Back