Cool Box Removal?

Coasteast1

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 31, 2024
Northeast USA
Vehicles
'24 Landcruiser meteor shower, java interior
I have the premium package LC and it came with the cool box. I find this to be too small to use as a cooler and I am imaging that the available space is smaller than the non cool box version. Does anyone know if the cool box can be removed and replaced with whatever version would be standard (non cool box)?

I have the premium package LC and it came with the cool box. I find this to be too small to use as a cooler and I am imaging that the available space is smaller than the non cool box version. Does anyone know if the cool box can be removed and replaced with whatever version would be standard (non cool box)?
Anything can be done. I do believe there's a cooling mechanism that's connected to the cool box.

Attachments

• FRONT CONSOLE BOX (Cool Box) Diassembly.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 187
Anything can be done. I do believe there's a cooling mechanism that's connected to the cool box.
This attachment is helpful. Thank you. Not only does my cool box take up space, it doesn't actually cool...doesn't turn on. Not very useful in my view.

This attachment is helpful. Thank you. Not only does my cool box take up space, it doesn't actually cool...doesn't turn on. Not very useful in my view.
It doesn't work if you press the button?

It doesn't work if you press the button?
Correct, the button does not do anything. Neither does the button to operate the fog lights. There are some electrical glitches I'll need Toyota to deal with.

Correct, the button does not do anything. Neither does the button to operate the fog lights. There are some electrical glitches I'll need Toyota to deal with.
Yeah that's concerning... my cool box can get water bottles to nearly fridge temperature.

The AC needs to be on

* I got that fact from this forum, have not confirmed. I'm interested in a delete.

Last edited:
Headlights need to be on for fog lights to work as well..
That's sucks. I like yellow fogs on trails for oncoming driver visibility. I have a vague memory that the fogs can be made yellow.

That's sucks. I like yellow fogs on trails for oncoming driver visibility. I have a vague memory that the fogs can be made yellow.

Give it some time, someone will figure out a work around with the relays. With 4Runners, you just had to bend one pin of the relay to make the fogs work anytime.

Back