CarPlay issue

The Groove

📛 Founding Member
Aug 4, 2024
Media
Jax
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
When listening to music and receiving a text message, the stereo doesn’t mute or reduce the volume of the music while the text message is read (or “announced” per CarPlay settings). Also, when sending or responding to a text, same thing. The dad-gum music doesn’t mute or reduce in volume. I’ve done some reading and it seems that this has been a common issue for Toyota. My previous GMC truck just muted the music while sending/announcing text messages. Is this issue happening to everyone else too?

Yes, it’s frustrating. I have found that pushing the volume button will mute the radio while using Siri. It’s my only gripe about an otherwise amazing vehicle. Hopefully, they fix it with a software update.

Yeah in my F150 it quieted both the music and reduced the AC fan speeds so it was more quiet. Kind of weird toyota overlooked this.

Yes, it’s frustrating. I have found that pushing the volume button will mute the radio while using Siri. It’s my only gripe about an otherwise amazing vehicle. Hopefully, they fix it with a software update.
It’s been this way since I had a 2020 4runner Trd pro. it was also this way on my 2022 Lexus. After four years of people complaining about it and no fix, I doubt it will ever get fixed.

It is a setting you can change. I will try and look for it. I belive it is in the Toyota App but may be in the settings accessed from the steering wheel.

It is a setting you can change. I will try and look for it. I belive it is in the Toyota App but may be in the settings accessed from the steering wheel.
I have looked everywhere and not found it. Please let us know if you do, but I’m skeptical.

Toyota/Lexus are aware of the issue. Temporary half fix is to adjust the volume of the notification while receiving a message or in Apple Maps while it is speaking directions. See if that helps. We’ll have to wait for Toyota and Apple to fix this. Several manufacturers including Honda, Nissan, Toyota have the same issue. I believe it has to do with the enhanced integration in newer CarPlay interfaces on vehicles from what I have read.

Eager to hear if there’s something I missed as well…

Following, as I've searched hi and low...... only thing I have read was turn up the volume when a message comes in and it will stay at that level when the next message comes in. I can't verify this is fact.

Following, as I've searched hi and low...... only thing I have read was turn up the volume when a message comes in and it will stay at that level when the next message comes in. I can't verify this is fact.
It is. That’s how you adjust volume for directions also.

Back