bgeorger

📛 Founding Member
Jun 18, 2024
Media
Buffalo, NY
Vehicles
24 Land Cruiser FE
Hello,

I searched and din't find a clear answer to this question. This is my first Toyota and I have purchased a Carista to eliminate some of the needless beeps. Does anyone know if using this app will void my warranty?

Hello,

I searched and din't find a clear answer to this question. This is my first Toyota and I have purchased a Carista to eliminate some of the needless beeps. Does anyone know if using this app will void my warranty?
I wouldn’t worry about it. You could always send everything back to default.

Not sure the dealer would know if you disabled the items via Carista or another dealer disabled them via Techstream...

Can you shut down the backup alarm for the gate window? My dogs like to drive with it open?

Did you get yours? If so, how do you like it?
I did. I like it. You can turn off the seat belt chime, turn off engine sound enhancements, and enable all windows down by pressing the u lock button and a whole slew of other things.

I did. I like it. You can turn off the seat belt chime, turn off engine sound enhancements, and enable all windows down by pressing the u lock button and a whole slew of other things.
When I first plugged mine in and ran the app, there was a lot of codes that needed to be cleared. Apparently that was left over from the build process and they don’t go in and clear all that stuff.

Can anyone share some print screens of the configurations available?

I'm assuming are the ones in the manual saying that can only be done at the dealer, but anything beyond that ?

Can anyone share some print screens of the configurations available?

I'm assuming are the ones in the manual saying that can only be done at the dealer, but anything beyond that ?
Go to Carista’s website and they tell you what’s configurable. The LC 250 may not be listed but you could look at the LC 300.

So in theory they support the J250 just doesn't show in their website ?
Correct. When you plug in the dongle, it automatically detect all the ECU and what is supported. You do not select a car.

For example, they don’t list the FJ cruiser for any year. But I plugged it into my FJ and it detected the ECU but the only thing I could do was disable the seatbelt chimes. It was all good for for me because that’s all I wanted to do.

Accoring to their version history in the app store their most recent update added options to some cars. I am hopeful a future update will do the same for the J250.

Back