Cargo hatch damage when opening?

Hiker42

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 21, 2024
Media
Atlanta, GA
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee
I just put my LC in my garage for the first time. I opened the cargo hatch and discovered that the hatch door was a half an inch away from hitting the top of the opening of my garage. Had I pulled forward few more inches, or stopped a few more inches shorter than I did, the hatch would have hit.

Anybody have a situation where the hatch door made contact? Did you have damage?

Attachments

• PXL_20240915_201610345.jpg
    PXL_20240915_201610345.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I just put my LC in my garage for the first time. I opened the cargo hatch and discovered that the hatch door was a half an inch away from hitting the top of the opening of my garage. Had I pulled forward few more inches, or stopped a few more inches shorter than I did, the hatch would have hit.

Anybody have a situation where the hatch door made contact? Did you have a damage?
Set the raise height on the lift gate to a desired height and youโ€™ll be all set

Yup. I have to figure out how to do that. I'm still concerned that the spoiler might hit. Will take some measurements.

Yup. I have to figure out how to do that. I'm still concerned that the spoiler might hit. Will take some measurements.
I believe you just. 1) Raise door full height 2)Hit โ€˜Closeโ€™ and door starts to lower 3)At desired height hit the โ€˜Closeโ€™ to stop 4)Press and hold โ€˜Closeโ€™ button until you hear three/four beeps and then release

First thing we did on all of our garages was glueing soft padding material and pool noodles to the ceiling, grarage door and side walls to avoid exactly that. The "raise height" will inevitably get messed up by a reset after a service appointment or even just randomly and then it's too late.

First thing we did on all of our garages was glueing soft padding material and pool noodles to the ceiling, grarage door and side walls to avoid exactly that. The "raise height" will inevitably get messed up by a reset after a service appointment or even just randomly and then it's too late.
I'm going to do that. Thanks for the idea.

Iโ€™m not sure what you are saying.. ๐Ÿค”
It's funny because I just noticed a couple days ago that you can adjust the hatch height setting where he's saying. What he's saying is go on multimedia touch screen which you control the stereo with and go to "vehicle settings". There you'll find the ability to change the setting to adjust the height that the tailgate opens to.

It's funny because I just noticed a couple days ago that you can adjust the hatch height setting where he's saying. What he's saying is go on multimedia touch screen which you control the stereo with and go to "vehicle settings". There you'll find the ability to change the setting to adjust the height that the tailgate opens to.
Thanks!

Back