Car seats (for children)

shwazz714

📛 Founding Member
May 5, 2024
Media
san diego
Vehicles
2024 LC
Anyone with a new lc250 put car seats in the back row and if so, how’s the room?

Saw a post on Reddit complaining about getting car seats in the 2nd row of a GX luxury trim.

I’ve been in the back row of an LC and thought it’d be fine, but curious if anyone has real world experience.

Thanks!

Anyone with a new lc250 put car seats in the back row and if so, how’s the room?

Saw a post on Reddit complaining about getting car seats in the 2nd row of a GX luxury trim.

I’ve been in the back row of an LC and thought it’d be fine, but curious if anyone has real world experience.

Thanks!
It’s really easy, the hooks are prominent and easy to access. I have one there and there’s plenty of room.

Works fine for me. There’s decent space and they’re easy to install. The clip on the back of the seat is a dumb design though. The plastic trim that you unsnap to attach the rear tether just flops out and has no place to go once the tether is clipped in. I’m afraid it will break off eventually. Wish that had a better design. Other than that the rear seats have a deep thigh so the kids sit back away where they aren’t kicking the front seats too bad.

IMG_4279.jpeg

Works fine for me. There’s decent space and they’re easy to install. The clip on the back of the seat is a dumb design though. The plastic trim that you unsnap to attach the rear tether just flops out and has no place to go once the tether is clipped in. I’m afraid it will break off eventually. Wish that had a better design. Other than that the rear seats have a deep thigh so the kids sit back away where they aren’t kicking the front seats too bad.

View attachment 2672
Really helpful to see this setup. Do you have a seat cover for the back seat and if so where did you find it? Thanks.

Reactions: lcq
Yeah, I got one from Walmart that I was planning to use temporarily. But I’ve started to think it might work long term after installing it now. Fits well for an inexpensive one.

Genuine Dickies Bench Seat Pet Protector Heavy-Duty Cloth Black, 41837WDI

The rear seat is 57" wide. Two seats fit fine but three can be a tight fit. With three, the third seat should be no wider than 17". You may have some trouble reaching the seat belts with the middle seat. Seat belt extenders are not recommended.

The rear seat is 57" wide. Two seats fit fine but three can be a tight fit. With three, the third seat should be no wider than 17". You may have some trouble reaching the seat belts with the middle seat. Seat belt extenders are not recommended.
Why are seat belt extenders not recommended?

Safety experts say that a seat belt extender will change the position of the buckle and you don't want it on the child. It can also move the belt closer to the child's neck which you don't want. I have seen 3" extenders that might be OK but even those aren't recommended.

Thanks!
I am past the car seat stage but the ease of accessing the “hooks” for the car seat is crazy. There would be plenty of room for a car seat. My son is now almost 6ft and prefers the back seat!

Back