Cabin (wind) noise

As an update I’ve definitely noticed / cared less about it as time as gone on. For me it was most noticeable right when I got the car because I thought the cabin was really really quiet at low speeds compared to my previous cars. So when it would get nosier at higher speeds I noticed it but I’ll say I’ve done a few roadtrips and haven’t minded the noise at all.

I hear wind noise first kick up at around 45 mphs and then much more pronounced (still not crazy loud) at highway speeds. I have stock fe roof rack and stock tires (Michelin).
My wind noise is kicking in at about the same speed on my LC1958, with it being most pronounced at 60-65 mph.

It occurred with the stock tires when I still had them and didn't change one way or the other when I upgraded to BFG KO3's. Plus, I don't have a roof rack of any sort, leading me to believe that it might be rear-view mirror related.

Yep I know that’s built in, but I’m sure there’s some ways to deaden the sound a bit… maybe not but let’s see what others say!
Well my first post after my introductory post. I'm wondering a the wind deflector for the sunroof will help. Anyone have one that can share some input?

More on cabin wind noise on my LC trim, no rack, no cross bars, no moon roof, stock tires, nearly 900 miles.
At freeway speeds I hear wind noise from the driver’s window. If I roll the window part way down for a couple of seconds and then back up the noise is gone. Over the next 10-12 seconds the wind noise returns. It’s not unbearable but is annoying. Haven’t tried any remedies, just gathering thoughts. Yours?

More on cabin wind noise on my LC trim, no rack, no cross bars, no moon roof, stock tires, nearly 900 miles.
At freeway speeds I hear wind noise from the driver’s window. If I roll the window part way down for a couple of seconds and then back up the noise is gone. Over the next 10-12 seconds the wind noise returns. It’s not unbearable but is annoying. Haven’t tried any remedies, just gathering thoughts. Yours?
That’s weird.. I wonder why?

So I had a weird noise happen at approx 65MPH and de-accelerating (doesn't happen when accelerating) and when the dryers blow when going through the car wash. Sounds like a dull whooping , like a Tupperware lid thumping in place.

My theory is, it's the roof flexing under the wind pressure............ there's supposed to be some sound proofing above the headliner, but I'm wondering if it does or if it's enough. May be a winter project to remove the headliner and install some dynomat.

"...I don't have the FE,. I have the LC and the cross bars on the roof definitely cause wind noise. My wife thinks the cross bars make it look cooler so I am dealing with it for now..... LOL..."
I had the exact same comment from my wife - cool cross bars. As much as I hated to admit it the wind noise at highway speeds is definitely a thing. A sound meter app on my phone showed about 3 or 4db quieter without the bars. It's not a lot, but enough to take the noise level from slightly annoying to reasonably comfortable.

Since they are so easy to take off and put on, my compromise for now is to remove and store if we take a long road trip

Attachments

• 20240923_094737.jpg
    20240923_094737.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 7
Back