Being Flagged Down ???

ferrari1898

📛 Founding Member
Jul 15, 2024
Media
Charlotte, NC
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser w/ Premium Package
I have seen 1 Land Cruiser in the wild to date around Charlotte. Working from home I do not get out much, but over the weekend we drove our Land Cruiser home. Yesterday I had to pickup a few things at the grocery store (less than 2 miles away). In route at a stop light the driver next to me flagged me down inquiring if I was driving the new Land Cruiser. Then as I was leaving the grocery store a 4 Runner pulled in across from me and he flagged me down asking what I thought of the engine.

Anyone else having other drivers pay attention to the new Land Cruiser?

I went to Home Depot on Monday to grab some moving boxes, and a dude sprinted across the parking lot to ask if he could check out my LC because his wife wanted one and he hadn't seen one in person yet.

I have seen 1 Land Cruiser in the wild to date around Charlotte. Working from home I do not get out much, but over the weekend we drove our Land Cruiser home. Yesterday I had to pickup a few things at the grocery store (less than 2 miles away). In route at a stop light the driver next to me flagged me down inquiring if I was driving the new Land Cruiser. Then as I was leaving the grocery store a 4 Runner pulled in across from me and he flagged me down asking what I thought of the engine.

I’ll let you know in a few days when I pick mine up from the dealer….

I have had a few. I was in Manhattan Beach for the Rolling Stones concert and in my hotel parking lot I saw a guy walk past it on his way to get coffee stop and walk around it. I was also at the Toyota dealership with a question on a blocked sensor. The truck was parked and a woman in a sweet Porche got out and asked me if it was an LC and how I liked it.

I still haven't seen one besides my own in the wild except one (1958 trim) on a trailer with a bunch of other new Toyotas.

Yup! It is a head turner. I have never owned a car with so much positive reaction. I've had several people pull up next to me to eyeball it, smile, wave and give a thumbs up. I've held up a line at the gas station for a guy wanting to know about the new LC. Another guy sprinted across a parking lot to catch me and get a chance to look at the first one he had seen in the wild. 🤩

I live in Charlotte and have a Blue FE. Did you see me? I still haven’t seen one but mine. As others have commented, I also gets tons of looks and thumbs up from other drivers. I’ve also never experienced this in a car before.

I'm in Charlotte as well (Indian Land, SC specifically). I've only seen 2 LC's so far; a black FE and blue LC. The blue LC was parked but no one in it, otherwise I would have totally asked to check it out!

I'm waiting on mine which is supposed to come in sometime in August. (I need to check on the status today.) Saw it pop up at Town and Country so called Hendrick and they were able to trade allocations with T&C.

I was picking up drive through in my underground LC the other day, and one of the kids working the line asked if he could take some pictures b/c he loved it so much, that was a first for me

Strangely in the last year or so this had started happening to us in our FJ! Some people were super confused when we explained it's a 10 year old vehicle (that hasn't been sold in the US for a decade)! I've been taking it as a sign that it's clearly the right time for Toyota to roll out the new Land Cruiser (and the new Land Cruiser FJ later this year, if that comes to the US).

I was in a small Town at 8,700 ft alt in the rocky mountains 3 weeks ago. The town of course was full of knowledgeable off road tourists. People were breaking their necks everywhere as I was driving and they were walking down the street. When I would come out of the grocery store or a restaurant there would always be a group of people walking around it looking at my dusty Wildpeak AT4s and looking through the windows. I had already been up the trails to 12000 ft alt so when they asked how it was off road I just smiled and said better than anything else I've ever off roaded in. That's saying a lot since I've had 4 jeeps 2 Lexus's 5 Polaris's and a 2013 200 series LC. I'm 65. A lot of years a lot of toys, but of course the 2013 200 series LC was better on the highway....

I am getting mauled outside of every big box store i park outside of especially by FJ owners.(I traded a 2wd 2008 FJ) Have not seen another one in 2 weeks of ownership. Tire shop, tint shop, detail place all comment on its the first one they have seen. 1st cars and coffee was a hit. I am enjoying the attention the FE brings to say the least . Headed to Columbia Motor Alley next

Last edited:
2 owners of older lcs have rolled down window to ask me about it

2 Seperate occasions people come up in parking lot to ask about it.

Only one I have seen is at my wife's office and that has maybe 20 cars in the lot- weird. And I am in the heart of Dallas- where there are way too many people and cars.

Not a fan of people admiring my stuff- just feels akward. I was so glad to get rid of the paper plate showing it was new. But then again I love to talk to people about their cars. Sure there is some psychological crap going on there- ha

Oddly the cool box gets the biggest fanfare from friends & family :ROFLMAO: ...haven't had any strangers inquire about it ...yet haha.

For me, two guys in particular stand out.

I was leaving Costco and stopped for a guy walking across the parking lot. He turned and stood there staring, then approached and said, "Is that the new Land Cruiser? How is it?" I told him and he said (shouted, really), "That is sick, dude. That is so sick!"

A few days later I was leaving the health club and a guy parked across from me asked, "What is that?" I told him and he said, "I've never seen one. Mind if I take some pictures?" He then walked all around the LC and took maybe 10 phhotos.

I've never had reactions like that to any car I've owned. I like it!

Last edited:
I'm getting about the same level of interest in my 1958 as I did when my GR86 was new. Which was also a real attention getter. The difference is the age of the gawkers has gone up 25+ years and it's now alot of old guys like me 🤣

Love it. Another GR86 + LC combo owner. Although I have the ZD8. And yes, that car gets a lot of attention

Love it. Another GR86 + LC combo owner. Although I have the ZD8
I miss my 86. I had a 2017 that I put a JDL turbo kit on and was making 450 at the wheels. Ended up selling it to get a 4Runner to have a tow vehicle for my Miata race car.

I consider selling my cayman at least once a month to get another 86.

Back