Attention Part # Sleuth's ... front and rear lower bumper cover in black

So, I can't be the only one who feels the front and rear lower bumper covers or valances if you prefer that are on most but not all trim levels that are grey/silver look out of place to me. On some models and trim/color combos those 2 pieces are black like the rest of the bumper. Can anyone pull a rabbit out of the hat and come up with a part number for those in black? I know I could paint and will probably just wrap for the time being, but it would be nice to order some to arrive next year =)
I'm happy to trade my black one (on 1958) for your silver one. My personal preference is to break up all the black on the 1958 with the silver piece. Message me if you are interested.

Has anyone tried ordering these? I see Front and rear LH numbers available on parts sites, but not 52951-60031.
Thx
I ordered these on the 20th - Still waiting on parts to be shipped. These are the black bumper covers in front and two in the back

Attachments

• IMG_1315.jpeg
    IMG_1315.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 46
I ordered these on the 20th - Still waiting on parts to be shipped. These are the black bumper covers in front and two in the back
Hey, thanks for the info. It appears the earlier post has a typo for the RH rear. According to your order, the part numbers are:

Front: 52411-60230
Rear RH: 52951-60030
Rear LH: 52952-60030

I'm assuming these are black and not silver...
Can you tell me where your ordered them?
Thx

Hey, thanks for the info. It appears the earlier post has a typo for the RH rear. According to your order, the part numbers are:

Front: 52411-60230
Rear RH: 52951-60030
Rear LH: 52952-60030

I'm assuming these are black and not silver...
Can you tell me where your ordered them?
Thx
Yes - Black. Ordered them from Ourisman Toyota in Richmond

Quick update - My black bumper covers should be in Thursday per FEDEX. I will try to get them on this weekend and will confirm if everything was good or not

Getting them off and back on is not an easy task..........
Copy that - I have some diagrams but havent seen any videos. I may take it into the dealership as they are installing the FE roof rack in a couple weeks.

Copy that - I have some diagrams but havent seen any videos. I may take it into the dealership as they are installing the FE roof rack in a couple weeks.
These are a royal pain to remove! There are three plastic keepers located along the bottom edge of the cover, easy to see. There is a tab on each white keeper (see picture below) that must be depressed while sliding out the white keeper. The three on the bottom are fairly easy, the two on the upper/outer edge are tricky.

I removed the top bumper cover (the one you would step/sit on) it pulls straight up, no tools required. With a flashlight you can look down into the small slots (that the bumper cover snapped into) and see the white keepers, I used a long skinny screwdriver to depress the tab and at the same time shove it to the side, where it fell into the cover area. Once the cover was off the tabs were easily recovered.

Getting them back on was a feat! DVR's side no issues, long forceps eased them right in. Pass side the outer most one, forceps, but the inner one No room whatsoever so .......hole drilled, easy as pie after that

Attachments

• Bumper Cover.JPG
    Bumper Cover.JPG
    518.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Bumper Cover 2.JPG
    Bumper Cover 2.JPG
    383 KB · Views: 30
These are a royal pain to remove! There are three plastic keepers located along the bottom edge of the cover, easy to see. There is a tab on each white keeper (see picture below) that must be depressed while sliding out the white keeper. The three on the bottom are fairly easy, the two on the upper/outer edge are tricky.

I removed the top bumper cover (the one you would step/sit on) it pulls straight up, no tools required. With a flashlight you can look down into the small slots (that the bumper cover snapped into) and see the white keepers, I used a long skinny screwdriver to depress the tab and at the same time shove it to the side, where it fell into the cover area. Once the cover was off the tabs were easily recovered.

Getting them back on was a feat! DVR's side no issues, long forceps eased them right in. Pass side the outer most one, forceps, but the inner one No room whatsoever so .......hole drilled, easy as pie after that
Copy that - I saw your write up in the "trim" section last night. You and one other from the forum have tackled this so far. I look to be the 3rd!

With your insight and the other gentlemen's thoughts, I will give it a try.

I will keep this thread updated after I attempt.

Just finished the rear covers - Now the front

IMG_1350.jpeg

Front Bumper: The 4 front cover clips are easy - The 2 screws require flexing the molding out slightly to get to them - It attaches at the top at 6 points that require light pulling - The 2 outside molding retainer clips (white keepers) are frustrating to say the least. I finally clipped them out. They are not required to keep the cover on tight by any means. I did order a pack of 10 replacements which I listed below. When they come in I’ll throw 2 back in place.

IMG_1312.jpeg
IMG_1311.jpeg
IMG_1354.jpeg

What's the part number for the rear back valance, rear black Valance?

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back