Anyone's brakes squealing when you reverse?

I just noticed this yesterday, when backing up, with the steering wheel turned to the left. I havenโ€™t tried it with the wheel turned to the right yet. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜–

I also noticed this just recently (past week) when backing up while turning out of a parking space. Doesn't seem to be 100% and only started recently that i noticed.

I've heard some reverse squeaking as well, but now at 1000 miles, not as much. This has happened to me on other vehicles with new brakes, I'll bet it goes away as they wear.

Last edited:
When I first get in my vehicle and begin to reverse my brakes, make a very loud squeaking sound. Anybody know why? I barely have 2800 miles on mine as of now. Very annoying.

Was traveling and forgot to update here.. dealer found no issues with brakes making any noises Iโ€™ll need to record it then take it back to show them it seems. Anyone else have any updates on this?

Ive been having this too on rare occasion but I havent been paying attention to conditions when it does. I chalked it up to new brakes?

Same here. Loud screeching when backing up and I'm hard of hearing. About 1800 miles on my LC LC.

Same here. Loud screeching when backing up and I'm hard of hearing. About 1800 miles on my LC LC.
I washed mine today and itโ€™s never done that before but today it did

From now on, I am going to roll the windows down when I back out of the carport.

I have been noticing that in the morning I would have some brake noise from the rear when backing out of the driveway. From previous vehicles I know this is common after setting for a while, especially outside, and especially after rain. The Toyota is louder than others and I have noticed it more frequently (almost daily). As I understand it modern cars have sensors that adjust the brake pads and after the first tap of the brakes, everything seems fine and I attributed a lot of it to owners needing something to complain about.

Today, something caught my eye. The right rear wheel looked to have some liquid on the rim. The other wheels do not appear to have an issue and appear perfectly dry. Looking under the Toyota it seems something is leaking, and getting on the brake that is likely causing some the noise. The left rear seems fine.

My first thought was the brake fluid, But under the hood I am right at the fill line, not a drop has been lost. Since new, I have noticed the ride seems rougher than some of the Land Cruisers I tested at local dealers charging $10k over MSRP. In fact it went to a Toyota dealer with a concern about the ride and they found nothing wrong. I am starting to think that all of this is related and I have something in the rear axle that isn't right.

Attachments

• IMG_3931.JPEG
    IMG_3931.JPEG
    377.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3930.JPEG
    IMG_3930.JPEG
    388 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3933.JPEG
    IMG_3933.JPEG
    418.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3934.JPEG
    IMG_3934.JPEG
    221.8 KB · Views: 46
I have been noticing that in the morning I would have some brake noise from the rear when backing out of the driveway. From previous vehicles I know this is common after setting for a while, especially outside, and especially after rain. The Toyota is louder than others and I have noticed it more frequently (almost daily). As I understand it modern cars have sensors that adjust the brake pads and after the first tap of the brakes, everything seems fine and I attributed a lot of it to owners needing something to complain about.

Today, something caught my eye. The right rear wheel looked to have some liquid on the rim. The other wheels do not appear to have an issue and appear perfectly dry. Looking under the Toyota it seems something is leaking, and getting on the brake that is likely causing some the noise. The left rear seems fine.

My first thought was the brake fluid, But under the hood I am right at the fill line, not a drop has been lost. Since new, I have noticed the ride seems rougher than some of the Land Cruisers I tested at local dealers charging $10k over MSRP. In fact it went to a Toyota dealer with a concern about the ride and they found nothing wrong. I am starting to think that all of this is related and I have something in the rear axle that isn't right.
That leak might be axle seal related, definitely not normal.

Back