Anyone find a good GMRS mounting solution?

There may be room for the Midland MX575 to fit behind the trim panel located just below the AC controls, IDK. The switch blank could be drilled and split to allow the cable to exit. In my photo below I have a remote radar button installed. I'm thinking you could drill a hole in the switch blank the same diameter as the cord, split the bottom of the blank and squish the cord through the split and rest in the hole. Would make for a very clean install.

That entire dash section is held on by one 10mm bolt and many plastic "Christmas tree fasteners. Here is a link for the removal for an amp install

1727432127215.png

Attachments

• Radar 1.JPG
    Radar 1.JPG
    295.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Ctr Trim Panel.JPG
    Ctr Trim Panel.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 17
I saw your reply in another thread about the existing firewall hole for antennae use, thanks for your post it gave me some ideas. I might see if I can do an under seat mount, run the antennae through the firewall, and then run a cat 5 extension up through that blank switch so I can unplug the speaker mic when I am not planning to use it since that 575 has controls in the mic.
:)

Thanks again!

I saw your reply in another thread about the existing firewall hole for antennae use, thanks for your post it gave me some ideas. I might see if I can do an under seat mount, run the antennae through the firewall, and then run a cat 5 extension up through that blank switch so I can unplug the speaker mic when I am not planning to use it since that 575 has controls in the mic.
:)

Thanks again!
That would look pretty slick a cat 5 socket with a flip cover.

Another thought would be to put a cat 5 socket pointing down, in the area underneath (in the phone charger area) that when in use the mic could be plugged in, but when removed no one would even know it was there.

Back