Air Compressors - Best type to keep in LC?

The CATuned kit looks interesting. Like the idea of a permanent solution vs. something I have to hook up when wanted. I had an ARB mounted under hood on my LR4 and I used it way more than I ever thought I would.

One question I have is why wasn't the air fitting designed to aim towards the side of the vehicle instead of towards the center of the engine? Seems a little awkward.

Also not sure about how the wiring is run. I suppose that's a more minor quibble, though.

I have a new single motor ARB that I was messing with this past weekend. Thought about mounting it in the spot where the stock jack goes (and obviously moving that elsewhere). Would require the fabrication of a bracket that insets the compressor more than the jack. This may not be a good idea, however. The ARB compressor can get a little hot so mounting it somewhere with suboptimal ventilation could be asking for problems.

Then again, the CA Tuned kit has the ECU's mounted right on the dual compressor. Maybe the dual doesn't get as hot as the single?
If you can fab a mount for the jack area, there more than enough room in the engine compartment (search for EOD's Guy Ride) for mount I fab'd on my install.

If you can fab a mount for the jack area, there more than enough room in the engine compartment (search for EOD's Guy Ride) for mount I fab'd on my install.

I like your setup. If I decide to mount mine in the engine, I may go that route.

That said, the space under the hood looks pretty limited. Where you have your compressor mounted is one of the very few free spaces in the engine compartment, and a spot I've seen others (Dissent Offroad) use for their switchpro mount. I was thinking of going that route. That, and I think a compressor somewhere in the back may be more handy for me.

Thinking about mounting it in the jack position a little more, I know there's a factory Lexus GX550 accessory that would mount a compressor in the compartment where the battery is on the 250. So, apparently Toyota isn't too concerned about heat (unless they have a special compressor that runs cooler).

I like your setup. If I decide to mount mine in the engine, I may go that route.

That said, the space under the hood looks pretty limited. Where you have your compressor mounted is one of the very few free spaces in the engine compartment, and a spot I've seen others (Dissent Offroad) use for their switchpro mount. I was thinking of going that route. That, and I think a compressor somewhere in the back may be more handy for me.

Thinking about mounting it in the jack position a little more, I know there's a factory Lexus GX550 accessory that would mount a compressor in the compartment where the battery is on the 250. So, apparently Toyota isn't too concerned about heat (unless they have a special compressor that runs cooler).
There is a couple of promising mounting spaces......... Just forward of the battery, where the 3rd row arm rest is, easy access through the cup holder and it appears the relays and fuses that are mounted in that area might be relocated for a little more space if needed.

Rearward of the jack cradle on the bottom, there also seems to be a fair amount of space.

Back