Adding/removing roof rails

Anyone know if you have a 1958 how you can buy the roof rails? I only see the roof rack available on the Toyota accessories list. Really don't want to spend $1400 on the whole rack when i just need the rails.
1719500642965.png

Has anybody installed the oem roof rack after removing the rails? Seems easy enough to just bolt in. Seems like I can get a discount on the rack and may get it but want to make sure I can do install myself

The 1958 doesn't come with roof rails, but the other 2 trims do.

Is there a difference between the roofs on the 3 models? Can the roof rails (or roof rack on the FE) be removed without irreversible modifications?

I don't have a use for roof rails/racks, and it definitely looks cleaner without them.

View attachment 1854View attachment 1855
You are right! It does look much clearer without them! Maybe even quieter going through the air when driving. I may delete the cage from my FE. Just depends on what the GF says. At our age, we are never going to put anything up there! But a quiet smooth ride is high on our list of desires. Fifteen years ago, a rocket box would have been up there for the snow skis/boards and boots, and sometimes luggage. But for just the two of us… nah.

The price for the strips are $25 a piece. And you'll need 6. I'm kinda learning this as I go. Not much info out there and dealer isn't much help. Just trying to figure out what is the correct procedure for plugging up the holes
No the dealers can not hardly find it on the computer. You would think the 1958 would have one long rubber piece but maybe not with all of these separate pieces some silicone or weather-strip adhesive might be in order. and bolts with really shallow heads.. I was also thinking about fabricating plastic strips the size of the bottom footprint of the brackets to bolt down overlapping the rubber strips just like the original mount brackets did.

The 1958 doesn't come with roof rails, but the other 2 trims do.

Is there a difference between the roofs on the 3 models? Can the roof rails (or roof rack on the FE) be removed without irreversible modifications?

I don't have a use for roof rails/racks, and it definitely looks cleaner without them.

View attachment 1854View attachment 1855

do you have one long rubber strip in the gutters on the roof our do you have multiple pieces on each side?
The 1958’s have multiple strips and have the same bolt holes as the other trims so roof rails or the OEM rack can be installed. The 1958’s come with delete kits installed - 3 on each side.

Can anyone point to the part number for the roof rails yet? Not the optional rack the FE gets or crossbars, the standard rails that comes on the Land Cruiser.

I've decided not to take delivery of my LC, but these are the parts my dealer was able to find this week for the delete kit.

12 x 90119-08D28 (Bolt, w/ Washer)
6 x 63185-42020 (Bracket, Roof Rack)
6 x 75596-60040 (Cover, Roof Drip Sid)

Note: He couldn't say with 100% certainty this is correct since no one has ordered these yet, but it seems reasonable based on what the 1958 looks like.

I've decided not to take delivery of my LC, but these are the parts my dealer was able to find this week for the delete kit.

12 x 90119-08D28 (Bolt, w/ Washer)
6 x 63185-42020 (Bracket, Roof Rack)
6 x 75596-60040 (Cover, Roof Drip Sid)

Note: He couldn't say with 100% certainty this is correct since no one has ordered these yet, but it seems reasonable based on what the 1958 looks like.
Those are the delete kit parts - 3 on each side, 6 total, 2 bolts for each bracket.

I will have a set of stock rails and crossbars available for sale and pick up in Central Texas, just as soon as I take delivery of the Westcott Designs rack. Not sure how far out those orders are, but happy to offload to someone in the area.

I will have a set of stock rails and crossbars available for sale and pick up in Central Texas, just as soon as I take delivery of the Westcott Designs rack. Not sure how far out those orders are, but happy to offload to someone in the area.
Could be weeks, could be months.... I've heard they're sitting on several thousand orders that need to go out. And for some reason they're prioritizing sending kits and racks to dealers over consumers :(

Anyone find the part numbers for the roof rails yet?
Sounds like there may be many 1958 owners wanting to add them.
I’m interested in roof rails and am located in Utah if anyone is wanting to off load theirs.

I've been poking around ebay hoping that I can find some overseas rails for Prados / LC250s...no luck yet though.

For people with a 1958 in Dallas or surrounding areas- I'd really like to take my roof rails and cross bars off but will need your delete kits to replace them. Would love to meet up and make that happen.

Back