Adding/removing roof rails

Does anyone know how far apart the roof rails are spaced? Looking to buy a rack for current vehicle and also use for future LC.

Does anyone know how far apart the roof rails are spaced? Looking to buy a rack for current vehicle and also use for future LC.

For what it's worth, I'm now looking at giving the Yakima Landing Pad #29 or #30 a shot to see if the bolt holes line up the same as they do on the 4Runner or prior generation GX. I ran the Landing Pad 4 on my Tacoma with Rhino Rack ditch tracks and it was a super slick system for taking crossbars on and off the vehicle. I'm willing to bet one of those fit kits would work on the new LC...

Last edited:
Good info in this thread. Just throwing this out there….i have an LC trim with the roof rails. Looking to remove since I’m lifting and want to fit in the garage at work. but would need the parts from someone with a 1958 doing a swap. If you’re interested and live in or around Denver, CO (or are wanting to meet somewhere within reason) PM me and we could set something up. Probably sell them for $300 plus the weather strip parts.

Attachments

• roof rails.jpg
    roof rails.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 39
12 x 90119-08D28 (Bolt, w/ Washer)
6 x 63185-42020 (Bracket, Roof Rack)
6 x 75596-60040 (Cover, Roof Drip Sid)
I just ordered all the parts listed here (from toyotapartsdeal.com by part #). It looks like there may be some overlap - the "Bracket" kit is actually multiple pieces, and includes some bolts. Ended up about $100 total.

I will report back here once it arrives and let everyone know if it works. If I do end up with extra pieces, I'll ship them to whomever wants 'em for the cost of shipping.

Has anyone seen a picture of a trail dust LC with the roof rails removed. I'm interested to see one with the delete kit on.

I just ordered all the parts listed here (from toyotapartsdeal.com by part #). It looks like there may be some overlap - the "Bracket" kit is actually multiple pieces, and includes some bolts. Ended up about $100 total.

I will report back here once it arrives and let everyone know if it works. If I do end up with extra pieces, I'll ship them to whomever wants 'em for the cost of shipping.
Well, back to the drawing board. Just got this email:

Thank you for ordering parts with us.
We are writing to inform you that order CT74783617 has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

I’ll have a set of new LC250 roof rails (no crossbars) available in the Colorado front range area in two weeks.

You are right! It does look much clearer without them! Maybe even quieter going through the air when driving. I may delete the cage from my FE. Just depends on what the GF says. At our age, we are never going to put anything up there! But a quiet smooth ride is high on our list of desires. Fifteen years ago, a rocket box would have been up there for the snow skis/boards and boots, and sometimes luggage. But for just the two of us… nah.
I it's been a while since you posted this but I really been contemplating removing it myself and I believe I'm going to be doing that tomorrow.
Did you wind up removing yours and if so the results?

I'd happily hook someone up with my delete kit if they've got some roof rails kicking around. In NC.

I it's been a while since you posted this but I really been contemplating removing it myself and I believe I'm going to be doing that tomorrow.
Did you wind up removing yours and if so the results?
Not yet. But I am still leaning that way. Especially if she notices the noise. Miss Daisy is in Cherokee County in NC right now, and I am in Fla, still struggling to finish moving my stuff up there.

Not yet. But I am still leaning that way. Especially if she notices the noise. Miss Daisy is in Cherokee County in NC right now, and I am in Fla, still struggling to finish moving my stuff up there.
After looking at those details about it, I have reservations about doing it right now so I think I'll hold off until maybe I can watch a video of it.

My 1958 is roof rack ready. I have 6 separate trim pieces on each side. 3 of them can be easily removed for roof rack installation. I'm just waiting for the market to come up with a design I like.

Where in NC? And the delete kit, is already installed on your 1958?
Southern Pines. I've already got the delete kit on the '58.

I was about to pull the trigger on a Sherpa rack, but I really only need the rails so I can pop crossbars on and off during ski season... really don't want something as permanent as a Sherpa, Victory, Westcott, etc.

Back