Added a Yeti...

JSFoster75

đź“› Founding Member
Aug 12, 2024
Media
Bluff City, TN
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Premium, 2021 Toyota Venza Limited
My wife is loving her LC, but obviously the tiny "cool box" is not nearly large enough to carry her required dietary needs on trips... She opted to purchase a 45 Quart Yeti to put in the back and I was able to secure it with Bungee Cords so it wouldn't slide around everywhere.

I did quickly figure out that this would make a great place to store cold/frozen items on the way home from the grocery store in case we needed to make additional stops without worrying about our cold/frozen items... I wish she had ordered Black, but this is her vehicle, so the color was her choice... The metal hooks fit perfectly into the tiny slots on the lip on each side of the Yeti.

IMG_6173.JPEG

Last edited:
Uncle Spike… what size are those Yeti sidekicks, and how did you attach them to the side of the console and in the cargo area?

That gear must've cost you at least $1k. Looks good but I just can't bring myself to pay those prices.

Uncle Spike… what size are those Yeti sidekicks, and how did you attach them to the side of the console and in the cargo area?
1 L on the driver side, 3L on the passenger side and a 1L and a 6L in the back. All of them have velcro on them and I just slapped them on the carpet. The small one in the back is using industrial velcro on the plastic door to hold it.
That gear must've cost you at least $1k. Looks good but I just can't bring myself to pay those prices.
actually all that was only $435 the picnic blanket was normally $200 and on clearance for $75. Side note I refuse to pay $400 for a cooler though =) I have soft sided Rtic and an ICEmule.

Missed the chance for a plug-in cooler. I have high end (Japan made Engle ) and low end (Chinese from amazon). They work the same.

1 L on the driver side, 3L on the passenger side and a 1L and a 6L in the back. All of them have velcro on them and I just slapped them on the carpet. The small one in the back is using industrial velcro on the plastic door to hold it.

actually all that was only $435 the picnic blanket was normally $200 and on clearance for $75. Side note I refuse to pay $400 for a cooler though =) I have soft sided Rtic and an ICEmule.
That’s a great deal for the blanket. Really like mine.

That’s a great deal for the blanket. Really like mine.
It belongs to my pup, I agree its an awesome blanket, i also use it when im loading or carrying cargo too. Or just to cover up gear thats in the back so it looks less inviting =)

Hey Uncle_Spike.......I was looking at these in the store after reading your thread. They seem really durable, but noticed that it's sealing mechanism takes a little more effort to open than say......a paper bag. Do they stay stuck to the carpet pretty well when you go in and out of them? it'll drive me nuts if it pulls off every time I open it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hey Uncle_Spike.......I was looking at these in the store after reading your thread. They seem really durable, but noticed that it's sealing mechanism takes a little more effort to open than say......a paper bag. Do they stay stuck to the carpet pretty well when you go in and out of them? it'll drive me nuts if it pulls off every time I open it. Thanks for the suggestion!
It is a "dry bag" for water sports so yes the sealing mechanism is meant to be that way. The two in the front have not fallen off the carpet but the one in the back I used commercial velcro the entire Velcro keep coming off but its been in the 90's the whole month I have had it. So im really nt that surprised, i think i will drill a little hole and put a washer over the velcro to keep it from coming off. ...... GONZO Forever!!!!!

Back