Adaptive Cruise mode

Rayspizza

📛 Founding Member
Jul 28, 2024
Mass
Vehicles
Tacoma
i seem to be stuck in cruise mode. for the first 500 miles or so it was a normal truck, but since it has been stuck in adaptive cruise or cruise mode. i can only figure out how to toggle between the two.

is that the default state? i got to tell you i hate the lane assist, and would love to know if there is just a classic driving mode

Cruise control shouldn't engage unless you press the cruise control button on your steering wheel. In the MID, if you have the driving support screen up it will show the cruise control mode but won't engage.

If you long press the right OK button you will see the MID change to having paranthesis around each side. Press the up or down arrow until you get to settings then long press OK again. From there you can go in and disable/enable whatever driving assistive features you wish.

-Kurt

You might also check the setting for PDA, the proactive driving assistance. When enabled, it behaves in a somewhat similar manner as adaptive cruise. On mine, it was enabled by default.

Back