Adaptive Cruise Control - Speed Less Than Target

msenske

📛 Founding Member
Aug 29, 2024
Media
Spokane, WA
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser First Edition
Hey there. I was using the adaptive cruise control functionality on one of the highway portions of my drive home from work today and I noticed that the maximum speed I would attain was always 1mph less than what I set as my target speed. As an example, I set the target speed to 70mph and the vehicle held a constant speed of 69mph and never once hit 70mph. Obviously, the workaround was to set the cruise control to 71mph if I wanted the vehicle to maintain a constant 70mph, so it isn’t as if I was unable to overcome the issue and get the desired result, but it seemed very strange to me. I’ve never had a vehicle behave this way. Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Hey there. I was using the adaptive cruise control functionality on one of the highway portions of my drive home from work today and I noticed that the maximum speed I would attain was always 1mph less than what I set as my target speed. As an example, I set the target speed to 70mph and the vehicle held a constant speed of 69mph and never once hit 70mph. Obviously, the workaround was to set the cruise control to 71mph if I wanted the vehicle to maintain a constant 70mph, so it isn’t as if I was unable to overcome the issue and get the desired result, but it seemed very strange to me. I’ve never had a vehicle behave this way. Has anyone else experienced the same issue?
It’s a Toyota thing, don’t worry about it. My wife’s 22 Highlander and 24 Grand Highlander did the same thing.

Back