Acquired 1995 Land Cruiser w/ 4.2 liter Diesel

Ballermaris

📛 Founding Member
Oct 23, 2024
Atlanta, GA
Vehicles
1995 Toyota Land Cruiser w/4.2 liter Diesel
Acquired a 1995 Land Cruiser with the HZ-1 I-6 4.2 liter Diesel and it has an automatic. It had at my first fillup 413480 kilometers on the clock.

Starts and runs great. Went to Discount Tire and had them install the new tires I had ordered for it when it being shipped to me. Fun thing was it arrived at 0630 hours on Wednesday.

I do not know which country it went to after being built, the VIN is non-standard. It was imported into New Jersey where it was titled and eventually sold to a classic car dealer in Massachusetts, where I acquired it on Ebay.

It is a fully loaded model from that year and is definitely going to have a learning curve.

Fun thing is while a turn signal stalks are on the left side of the steering wheel, the right hand drive is on the right. So occasionally, yeah I activate the windshield wipers.

I would appreciate insight to this Land Cruiser model that members have to offer.

Reactions: MJE
Go to ih8mud and ask around.

If most things are in English it’s probably from Australia. Could also be JDM if it has Japanese characters and parking mirrors.

Last edited:
Back