60 MPG!

handy

📛 Founding Member
Aug 11, 2024
Media
Texas
Vehicles
FJ and LC
I had some kind of glitch as I was driving slowly and was resetting the mpg. By the time I took this picture it went from 60 to 52.9. I had just filled up at Costco so maybe I got a red bull shot of concentrated 93 octane...lol.

I am at 1800 miles and my next leg of the trip was between 24-28 after it normalized which was a mix of 80% highway and 20% city. Before today I had never gotten above 24mpg.

1000006075.jpg

Back in the day when i had a Prius (non plugin) I always tried to make it all the way home from the gas station on EV mode only so I could enjoy that sweet 99.9 MPG tank average.

Anyhoo, plenty of chat in this thread about some secret fuel economy hacks that BIG OIL doesn't want you to know about - I got 76.6 MPG with this weird trick.

I had some kind of glitch as I was driving slowly and was resetting the mpg. By the time I took this picture it went from 60 to 52.9. I had just filled up at Costco so maybe I got a red bull shot of concentrated 93 octane...lol.

I am at 1800 miles and my next leg of the trip was between 24-28 after it normalized which was a mix of 80% highway and 20% city. Before today I had never gotten above 24mpg.

View attachment 11150
"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" - Edgar Allan Poe

That is the avg MPG while sitting in the garage overnight.

Reactions: MJE
Back