2400 Watt Inverter

Midmarkwest

📛 Founding Member
Feb 14, 2024
Minnesota
Vehicles
4runner
I have limited electrical knowledge. Curious how the inverter works and what it’s capable of? Could this power a 13,000 btu camper AC unit? Would the LC motor fire up to recharge the battery as it nears depletion?

I have limited electrical knowledge. Curious how the inverter works and what it’s capable of? Could this power a 13,000 btu camper AC unit? Would the LC motor fire up to recharge the battery as it nears depletion?
The camper A/C unit would have to comfortably draw below the rated 2400 watts of the LC inverter. Yes, it is my understanding the LC motor would start up to recharge the battery, but hopefully somebody can confirm this. Personally, would use a Honda inverter generator, as they are very quiet, and idle down when the demand drops.

I am probably wrong here, but I thought I read in a post where the vehicles AC could be run without the engine running. I may have misread the post.

I am probably wrong here, but I thought I read in a post where the vehicles AC could be run without the engine running. I may have misread the post.
Yes, the vehicle A/C uses an electric compressor, so the engine does not have to be running. A well-engineered system in my opinion. As I understand it, no alternator either. The only disappointment is a conventional water pump, belt-driven. Don't know the logic behind this. AND, the engine is normally started with the electric motor. Love it! Now, if ours would be on its way... :(

Your trailer AC is probably peaking at about 20amps for 13kbtu. The LC is 2400/120 - good for 20amps. Running a trailer AC, maybe. With the startup load for the AC, I personally think the LC would be overloaded. The worst that may happen is you pop the LC breaker. Then you may need to use an external generator. Now, I’m considering that only the trailer AC is on, nothing else. The LC could not supply the 30AMP service your trailer uses. I’m assuming that your trailer is 30 amps?

See page 511 in the owner’s manual.

Last edited:
Is there a direct plug the charge the LC's battery with solar panels?
The LC's hybrid battery supplies the inverter, and I believe it is in the 400V realm. Typical solar panels, albeit they can be manufactured to supply 400V, do not commonly exist for that voltage. I think probably not practically feasible.

The LC's hybrid battery supplies the inverter, and I believe it is in the 400V realm. Typical solar panels, albeit they can be manufactured to supply 400V, do not commonly exist for that voltage. I think probably not practically feasible.
288V

Can anyone that has taken delivery weigh in here? I’ve gotten mixed information about the inverter regarding if you have to “turn it on”. From what I’ve been able to discern, there is a button on the dash that turns the 2400W inverter on and the truck has to be “on” as well. However, do you need to do that every time you start the truck or does the plug stay on (as long as the long is on) until you push the button on the dash?

I’m asking because I was hoping to keep my Jackery plugged into it to keep it topped off while overlanding. Would be a pain if you have to remember to turn on the inverter every time you get in the truck.

Can anyone that has taken delivery weigh in here? I’ve gotten mixed information about the inverter regarding if you have to “turn it on”. From what I’ve been able to discern, there is a button on the dash that turns the 2400W inverter on and the truck has to be “on” as well. However, do you need to do that every time you start the truck or does the plug stay on (as long as the long is on) until you push the button on the dash?

I’m asking because I was hoping to keep my Jackery plugged into it to keep it topped off while overlanding. Would be a pain if you have to remember to turn on the inverter every time you get in the truck.
The button needs to be pressed every time you start the vehicle.

We can run our Coleman Mach 10 13.5 BTU with a soft start just fine plugged into the LC. Among other things it’s one of the main reasons we got it.

Back