2024 Toyota Land Cruiser vs 2024 Lexus GX550

I just found out the LC from the Tahara plant comes off the same production line as the GX. The same workers are assembling both vehicles on that line, at different production times.
Here’s a video explaining some differences between the LC and GX

Yeah I was about to go over trail+ for some of the niceties - massage seats, mark levinson, etc. but noticed it didn’t have rear seat ac controls or ceiling vents. Having kids that’ll be in the back the 3 zone climate controls was more important than front massage seats. Plus I like the Land Cruiser badge and hybrid option better
I need to have a solid sound system in my car. For what it's worth, I find that some of the lux brand systems just aren't as good as they should be for the additional cost. The Harmon Kardon system in my BMW X5 was trash. Haven't heard the Mark Levinson system in the GX, but I will say that the premium JBL system in the LC is surprisingly good. Boost the bass a bit and it's a solid system

I need to have a solid sound system in my car. For what it's worth, I find that some of the lux brand systems just aren't as good as they should be for the additional cost. The Harmon Kardon system in my BMW X5 was trash. Haven't heard the Mark Levinson system in the GX, but I will say that the premium JBL system in the LC is surprisingly good. Boost the bass a bit and it's a solid system
We have the Burmeister system in my wife’s Mercedes. It’s nothing special. The Bose system in my Tahoe sounds better.

I finally drove a LC at a dealer yesterday (and found an allocation BTW but different story). I thought the JBL system sounded pretty good.

Back