2024 LC Toyota Skid Plate Installion

Martinfj250

đź“› Founding Member
Aug 3, 2024
Media
Tulsa, OK
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser, 2020 Audi S5, 2007 Porsche 911S
I have a new LC 250 series and ordered the front and transmission Toyota skid plates which arrived yesterday. Anyone installed these themselves? It seems like it should be straight forward but curious to know if there are any recommendations or gotcha's I need to know about.

I have a new LC 250 series and ordered the front and transmission Toyota skid plates which arrived yesterday. Anyone installed these themselves? It seems like it should be straight forward but curious to know if there are any recommendations or gotcha's I need to know about.
See those directions and this thread: Skid Plate

I'm a little confused on the skid plate options. I have an LC trim and would have like to add factory skid protection.

Is there more than one choice? Thought I read that the first edition had special branded plates maybe different from standard ones?

There are two part numbers in that PDF document in the thread. They seem to have Toyota branding on the front. Is that what I need is to order these two part numbers?

1000038774.jpg

I'm a little confused on the skid plate options. I have an LC trim and would have like to add factory skid protection.

Is there more than one choice? Thought I read that the first edition had special branded plates maybe different from standard ones?

There are two part numbers in that PDF document in the thread. They seem to have Toyota branding on the front. Is that what I need is to order these two part numbers?

View attachment 11321

That is correct, if you want the full upgraded skid, you want both of those parts. Those are the correct part numbers and they are available from many online parts dealers at a reasonable discount. I believe you could do only the front skid if you wanted, but I'm not sure there is any good reason to do only the one aside from saving $.

These are the same skid plates that come standard on First Edition.

Hey thank you for the quick reply. Seems my truck already has a black metal skid plate. Do we know if the part numbers mentioned provide better or more coverage?

I don't want to pay a couple hundred bucks to upgrade from black to silver!

Those 2 part numbers are the front (engine) skid plate and the transmission skid plate.
I bought both from a Toyota dealer on ebay at a discount vs. my local dealer who didn't have them in stock and wanted full msrp.
Install is really easy. I've taken the front on and off for an oil change and it's not bad at all. There are two bolt keyholes that let you hang the skid plate in place while you get the rest of the fasteners in/out.

1726155180222.png

Hey thank you for the quick reply. Seems my truck already has a black metal skid plate. Do we know if the part numbers mentioned provide better or more coverage?

The skid plates on there are in three pieces - two of them are thin metal and one is plastic. They also do not go very far back.

The upgraded skids are made from thicker steel, provide additional coverage and go quite a bit further back to the 3rd frame cross member.

Here's a shot of the oem short steel front shield and plastic "skid plate". In my opinion, they're meant to protect you from debris on the highway vs. misjudging a rock or high-point on trail or BLM road.
1726178918295.png

Very helpful information thanks everybody. What about the part in front of those parts? The part that comes up to the bumper. On my LC trim it’s just plastic. Is there an upgrade for this?

Just did this yesterday, initially without the directions (were not included in box), which wasn't optimal re: efficiency. Once I discovered you have to remove the stabilizer disconnect protection plate, it all made more sense!

Here’s a video comparison of the different skid plates

Very helpful information thanks everybody. What about the part in front of those parts? The part that comes up to the bumper. On my LC trim it’s just plastic. Is there an upgrade for this?
Looks like C4 fabrication has something in the works for that area
1726197174675.jpeg

I can't seem to find any of the online parts sellers that have a decent discount AND free shipping. I found good pricing with one and went to check and and it was going to add $452 in shipping.

Where did other find free shipping?

Go to your local dealer they normally will work with you. And it's next day . In Florida. Good Luck

I’ve been able to receive the front skid plate, but still waiting on the transmission rear one. Can the front one be installed alone without the other? I’d like to go ahead and get part of it done if so.. thanks!

I’ve been able to receive the front skid plate, but still waiting on the transmission rear one. Can the front one be installed alone without the other? I’d like to go ahead and get part of it done if so.. thanks!
Yes I believe it can but you’ll have to remove the rear of it to install the transmission skid when it arrives. I think you’ll also have to remove the skid for the sway bar disconnect (if you have it) so that would be unprotected until the rear skid arrives.

Back