2024 Land Cruiser or 2019-2023 Cayenne

Nice 991.1S. I have a white one in my garage. :) I will check out the base cayenne as well. If the price is low enough compared to LC, it might sway me towards the Cayenne.
Thanks. That 991.1 was a milestone achieved for me. I’m happy to have it and probably will never replace it.

This thread caught my eye!
@Altitude you’ve reached a goal of mine and I am happy for you!!
I have a 982. Initially bought one for the wife and a month later got a second.
With help of another forum member here, we traded that 982 and her diesel wrangler for a 2021 Macan Turbo. Love what you said about the Porsches. They are amazing machines.

Attachments

• IMG_2997.jpeg
    IMG_2997.jpeg
    533.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2879.jpeg
    IMG_2879.jpeg
    542.5 KB · Views: 12
This thread caught my eye!
@Altitude you’ve reached a goal of mine and I am happy for you!!
I have a 982. Initially bought one for the wife and a month later got a second.
With help of another forum member here, we traded that 982 and her diesel wrangler for a 2021 Macan Turbo. Love what you said about the Porsches. They are amazing machines.
Thank you, and that is a beautiful 982!

I had a 2003 Boxster S for a while but had to sell it when a business I owned fell on hard times in 2006. I loved it though and glad I was able to backfill it years later.

Same. I went from an X5 to two successive 5 series sedans to a Tahoe as my daily driver. The Tahoe has been great, actually. One of the things I like best about it is that it’s not so fussy - 60 profile tires so I’m not scraping the wheels against every curb, no air dam to get stuck on parking bars, and it doesn’t look bad dirty.

Also, roads in Colorado are terrible - the constant freeze/thaw cycles all winter keep them that way - and it’s nice to have a vehicle where I don’t always have to worry about that. Presumably the LC will be the same.

I lost a $500 wheel with a $300 tire to a pothole hidden inside of a puddle one time in the second 5 series that had 35 profile tires.
I'm in Denver and DD'ed an M5 for several years. After getting the rims fixed several times, and sitting in stop and go traffic doing 10 mph for years it occurred to me that DD'ing an M5 is just not a great idea here. Don't get me wrong, amazing car and I loved driving it. But what is your time worth maintaining it? I used to joke that the 'M' stood for 'More Money for Maintenance'

I'm in Denver and DD'ed an M5 for several years. After getting the rims fixed several times, and sitting in stop and go traffic doing 10 mph for years it occurred to me that DD'ing an M5 is just not a great idea here. Don't get me wrong, amazing car and I loved driving it. But what is your time worth maintaining it? I used to joke that the 'M' stood for 'More Money for Maintenance'
Yep. There’s a marketing appeal to “let’s make this thing so close to a track car that it’s barely street legal” that has trickled even further than M cars and into the mainstream a bit. It seems sexy but makes for a frustrating ownership experience.

Back