20% OEM toyota parts skid plates and etc F/S

DGK

📛 Founding Member
May 28, 2024
Media
California
Vehicles
1958 landcruiser
Participating Southeast Toyota Dealerships are offering an Extra 20% Off Genuine Toyota Parts. Shipping is free on on $75+ orders (maximum $200 value) when you follow the instructions below.

Thanks to community member dvdcr for finding this deal.
  • Note: Prices vary by dealership. Free shipping covers up to $200 shipping cost. Exclusions apply (see Deal Editor's notes below).
Deal Instructions:
  1. Shop for parts by clicking here, then clicking 'Find A Dealer' in the top-right corner and enter a Southeastern U.S. zip code in the box (for example 35603).
    • Prices vary by dealership; you may find lower prices for your parts by clicking "Shop Now" under "Your Nearest Online Dealers", clicking "View More Dealers" and entering a different Southeastern U.S. zip code, or by searching specific local dealerships, for example:
  2. 20% Off discount is already automatically applied to all eligible items (no coupon necessary).
  3. Add items to cart.
  4. Proceed to checkout.
  5. Free shipping on $75+ orders discount will automatically apply at checkout on eligible items/orders
    • $200 maximum benefit, exclusions apply. See Deal Editor's notes below.
  6. Complete your order.

Is it just me or is the rear skid (PT228-35241) not available on any of the sites that are part of this network? You can identify the dealers that are part of this network by their URL. Each one starts with "autoparts.dealerXXX.com":

1720234926186.png

1720234987053.png

None of the ones I tried recognized the part number for the rear skid plate (PT228-35241). My guess is that all these dealers use the same distribution network for their online parts orders and that distubutor hasn't entered into their system yet. This is a real shame since I'd love to get a discount on both of the skids.

Is it just me or is the rear skid (PT228-35241) not available on any of the sites that are part of this network? You can identify the dealers that are part of this network by their URL. Each one starts with "autoparts.dealerXXX.com":

View attachment 4019

View attachment 4020

None of the ones I tried recognized the part number for the rear skid plate (PT228-35241). My guess is that all these dealers use the same distribution network for their online parts orders and that distubutor hasn't entered into their system yet. This is a real shame since I'd love to get a discount on both of the skids.
I also couldn’t find the rear skid plate.

If anyone is able to figure out the rear skid plate post it here please! I couldn’t find it either.

Keep trying different dealers. The sale is only for items in stock

This was very timely. I got the front skid since it was in the system for the Southeast Dealers but not the rear skid.....yet. Also, ordered a rocker panel for my wife's Highlander. Pretty sure she is not going rock crawling in it so I'm not sure what she hit that punched a hole in the plastic. Really weird damage, almost like she turned into a piece of rebar sticking out of a curb. Ripped a hole over an inch in diameter right through the plastic without ripping the whole piece off. Of course, she had no idea the damage was even there until I pointed it out. 🤷‍♂️

Just about to post a reminder. Also through Toyota of Irving they threw in a dealer discount and free shipping.

All weather mats and front skid plate20240708_083943.jpg

Also, just gambled a bit. The rear skid according to everything I've read to this point is part number: PT228-35241. As mentioned above, that part number does not exist in the parts system that supports those Southeast Toyota dealers. However, they do have a part number PT228-35244. When you search for that part number, it comes back with the rear skid plate for the Tacoma. From what I've read, that Tacoma (Hybrid) and LC share that rear skid plate. My guess is that someone "fat-fingered" that part number when entering it into the S.E. dealers system. Also, based on the images I'm seeing, it's the exact same picture used (see below).

So, I'm rolling the dice and ordered it as well. I figure that at that price with free shipping, if it's wrong, I can probably sell it to a Taco guy and still make a few bucks off of it.

1720446108042.png

1720446139445.png

Also, just gambled a bit. The rear skid according to everything I've read to this point is part number: PT228-35241. As mentioned above, that part number does not exist in the parts system that supports those Southeast Toyota dealers. However, they do have a part number PT228-35244. When you search for that part number, it comes back with the rear skid plate for the Tacoma. From what I've read, that Tacoma (Hybrid) and LC share that rear skid plate. My guess is that someone "fat-fingered" that part number when entering it into the S.E. dealers system. Also, based on the images I'm seeing, it's the exact same picture used (see below).

So, I'm rolling the dice and ordered it as well. I figure that at that price with free shipping, if it's wrong, I can probably sell it to a Taco guy and still make a few bucks off of it.

View attachment 4241
View attachment 4244
wonder why one is $510 and one is $270?

What dealer did you get the $94 from?
Lake City Toyota as they were running a free shipping promo with the 20%. I put my area code in and it listed three participating dealers. Unfortunately, I got the mats yesterday and they were a (4) piece Tacoma set, but Lake City is overnighting the cargo mat and tossing in some oil filter gaskets as an apology.

Lake City Toyota as they were running a free shipping promo with the 20%. I put my area code in and it listed three participating dealers. Unfortunately, I got the mats yesterday and they were a (4) piece Tacoma set, but Lake City is overnighting the cargo mat and tossing in some oil filter gaskets as an apology.
I hope that's a mis type "oil filter gaskets"..... no way in the world I'd ever use an oil filter gasket that didn't come with the oil filter.

I hope that's an mis type "oil filter gaskets"..... no way in the world I'd ever use an oil filter gasket that didn't come with the oil filter.
Haha no doubt! Trying to multi-task and misspoke, they’re extra drain plug gaskets. Good catch!

View attachment 4241
View attachment 4244
Have you confirmed yet if PT228-35244 is the right part number?

Back