20% OEM toyota parts skid plates and etc F/S

Have you confirmed yet if PT228-35244 is the right part number?
Not yet. I haven't received either the skid plate nor the Land Cruiser it's supposed to go on. :LOL:

The LC is supposedly on a truck from the rail station to the dealer. When I asked the place I ordered the parts from about the shipment timing, he said something the effect of "You ordered at the end of a very large set of orders so it'll take a bit longer to get them to me." He said it very nicely and I have no reason to doubt him.....yet. I'm hoping I'll have my hands on both of them by this weekend and I can give you and affirmative answer.

Any updates on this? I also gambled with the 244 part #. Should be able to get it this weekend. A taco parts list showed both part numbers as compatible with the truck, so I assumed (hopefully correctly) that the mount points are the same

Well, I was not able to get it to work. It's too short. I literally got the other one today but haven't taken it out of the box. I'll try and do that tomorrow and take a picture of them side by side. I think we'll find that 244 part is 6-8" too short. I relatively optimistic that I'll be able to set it pretty quickly though and not lose too much money since it was on sale.

Have you confirmed yet if PT228-35244 is the right part number?

Lurk for rear skid update
Sorry guys, I missed your lurking. ;) As I mentioned above, I think it's the wrong part. I'll be able to prove it tomorrow hopefully when I take the NEW one out of the box and can compare the 2.

None of the ones I tried recognized the part number for the rear skid plate (PT228-35241). My guess is that all these dealers use the same distribution network for their online parts orders and that distubutor hasn't entered into their system yet. This is a real shame since I'd love to get a discount on both of the skids.
FYI, my theory about many dealers using the same distribution network/system has some more evidence. I ordered something from "Cheapest Factory Parts" and Toyota dealer in Richmond, WV a couple of weeks later. When the parts shipped, I got an automated text message stating the items had shipped from the exact same phone number for both orders. Hmmmm.......

Here are the 2 skid plates side by side so you can see the differences and why it could be easy to confuse them if you were looking at the picture alone.

1723822127757.png

Thanks for doing that @BigMF When I was ordering the front and rear skids I could only find the Taco one too. I called the parts department and they were very helpful and they ordered the LC one for me. They got it right.

Thanks for doing that @BigMF When I was ordering the front and rear skids I could only find the Taco one too. I called the parts department and they were very helpful and they ordered the LC one for me. They got it right.
Really? You actually got on the phone and TALKED to a REAL person?! Amazing, I didn't know you could still do that. 😂

Did you use a payphone?

1723822589476.png

Ignore me, I'm just kicking myself for being lazy and not doing the same.

Oh no I get it! It was kind of weird actually talking to a live person but yeah, seemed like a normal person. AND did what they said they would!
Kind of surprised my phone still did that. :ROFLMAO:

If anyone could weigh the skids before installation, that would be great.
Sorry, already bolted them. I'd say about 2 12-packs of light beer worth for each.

I ordered both skid plates online. the front form Elmhurst and that shipped fine was about 309 + 60 shipping. The rear skid I ordered from Toyota parts express (a dealership in Florida) part number PT228-35241 with no issues. that one was about 215 + 30 shipping. Have both and looks correct. Installing this weekend. Both arrived within a week of ordering, so I recommend both if you're still looking.

Back