17 inch Genuine Toyota Steelies

How resistant are these OEM steel rims to corrosion in the winter? Contemplating the set for the Tundra, depending on how long it takes for them to rust.

1724087039953.png

If you’re worried about corrosion steelies might not be a good answer for you. Eventually they’ll rust in any area that the paint gets scratched or nicked.

I was able to downsize my wheels to 17 inch without any issues! It’s very tight especially in the rear but, the rear calipers aren’t interfering and turning freely. I always think the base trim Land Cruisers sold outside of North America are so cool! I grew up in outskirts of Tokyo and my place was located halfway between Hino’s Hamura Plant and the port. I remember seeing hundreds of “export spec”LC Prados and North American spec FJ Cruisers were getting transported to the port everyday. I wanted something not made for JDM so bad and that’s where my fantasies all started🤣
Now I live in a city in Western Canada and I do appreciate all the features like Apple Carplay, Toyota Safety Sence and etc., but I still want my LC look plane Jane almost looks like 70 series sold in Middle East. You can skip and ignore this post if this is not your cup of tea. It’s just my fantasy hahaha

Driving from Vancouver, BC to Baja, Mexico with my kids now. I didn’t have enough time to source the genuine lug nuts in Canada so I went to the dealership in Marin county, CA to get more appropriate type lug nuts(Acorn M14 x 1.5 capped). A guy at the parts counter was super helpful and he figured out older Tundra ones work! 👍 The original socket size was 21mm but now 22mm.
But I’m OK with that, cuz torque spec is around 100ft/lb.

Here’s the part numbers for these parts:

‘24 Tacoma Base Rim 42601-AK031

Tundra Base Lug Nuts 90942-A1003

Tires: BF GOODRICH ALL TERRAIN A/T
255/75R17
This set up looks great.
Favor time...would you be so kind and measure to determine ground clearance with those 255s?

If the '24 Tacoma brochure is correct, the 17" steelies do in fact come in silver. Now I gotta get a part number (or just place a call to a parts desk, which will probably be faster). I'm really glad to hear these wheels fit the LC250 without any issues.
https://www.toyota.com/content/dam/toyota/brochures/pdf/2024/tacoma_ebrochure.pdf

View attachment 8670
Hi IceCap1958, can you share the part# for the steel wheel in silver if you successfully find it? I guess the center caps are sold separately so the part# for that as well 🙏 I just wanna try both colors. Whichever I decide not to use, I’ll sell them to somebody else

Hi mayonayze, I’ve seen 18” five spoke steel rims for older Tundras but, not sure they fit LC250 or not. I’m pretty sure you can get aftermarket one no problem.

There was an 18” 18-hole steel wheel for the Tundra. My 2012 had this wheel as the spare, with the more-common 5-spoke steel wheel for the four wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_5324.png
    IMG_5324.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 34
Hi IceCap1958, can you share the part# for the steel wheel in silver if you successfully find it? I guess the center caps are sold separately so the part# for that as well 🙏 I just wanna try both colors. Whichever I decide not to use, I’ll sell them to somebody else

The part numbers for the silver steelies are:
Wheels: 42601-AK011
Center Caps: 4260B-AK010

Let us know if you have any success finding them. I've spoken to a few parts places in the USA, they are on a backordered status with no timeline, and according to one dealer I spoke to in Canada, discontinued for the Canadian market already. I just tossed in an order at the cheapest price I could find and if I find a set sooner I'll cancel. Might just pick up some other Tacoma 17" in the meantime...

Let us know if you have any success finding them. I've spoken to a few parts places in the USA, they are on a backordered status with no timeline, and according to one dealer I spoke to in Canada, discontinued for the Canadian market already. I just tossed in an order at the cheapest price I could find and if I find a set sooner I'll cancel. Might just pick up some other Tacoma 17" in the meantime...
I was able to add the wheels to my online shopping cart from Longo Toyota (which is local to you I think) but I hesitated before giving them my credit card number until I could talk to a human being (too long hold time). Did you try Longo?

westla4x4,
Thanks for the part#. Let me ask around both in Canada and Japan!

I have a Jeep Wrangler with 315/70R17 KO2s. Love the look. Any way to get this look on the LC? If you go to 17” wheels, what’s the largest tire you can get on it without adding a lift or modifying it? Or is only way to get that size is to add a lift?

I have a Jeep Wrangler with 315/70R17 KO2s. Love the look. Any way to get this look on the LC? If you go to 17” wheels, what’s the largest tire you can get on it without adding a lift or modifying it? Or is only way to get that size is to add a lift?
Hi CB3, glad you have similar taste as mine! I tried to be the closest diameter from the original. Sorry, I don’t know how big you can go w/ or w/o modifying. My goal is plane jane Middle East spec lol ⬇️

Attachments

• IMG_8146.jpeg
    IMG_8146.jpeg
    559 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7666.jpeg
    IMG_7666.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: CB3
I was able to add the wheels to my online shopping cart from Longo Toyota (which is local to you I think) but I hesitated before giving them my credit card number until I could talk to a human being (too long hold time). Did you try Longo?

I also didn't get thru at Longo but I don't believe they had in stock. I feel like many of those online Toyota parts stores are just sourcing as the orders come in...

westla4x4,
Thanks for the part#. Let me ask around both in Canada and Japan!

Hopefully you're able to find!

Hey IceCap1958, never heard of Longo. No such a Toyota dealer or third party genuine parts supplier in British Columbia. But, I’ll search it up before I jump to a conclusion.

I was able to downsize my wheels to 17 inch without any issues! It’s very tight especially in the rear but, the rear calipers aren’t interfering and turning freely. I always think the base trim Land Cruisers sold outside of North America are so cool! I grew up in outskirts of Tokyo and my place was located halfway between Hino’s Hamura Plant and the port. I remember seeing hundreds of “export spec”LC Prados and North American spec FJ Cruisers were getting transported to the port everyday. I wanted something not made for JDM so bad and that’s where my fantasies all started🤣
Now I live in a city in Western Canada and I do appreciate all the features like Apple Carplay, Toyota Safety Sence and etc., but I still want my LC look plane Jane almost looks like 70 series sold in Middle East. You can skip and ignore this post if this is not your cup of tea. It’s just my fantasy hahaha

Driving from Vancouver, BC to Baja, Mexico with my kids now. I didn’t have enough time to source the genuine lug nuts in Canada so I went to the dealership in Marin county, CA to get more appropriate type lug nuts(Acorn M14 x 1.5 capped). A guy at the parts counter was super helpful and he figured out older Tundra ones work! 👍 The original socket size was 21mm but now 22mm.
But I’m OK with that, cuz torque spec is around 100ft/lb.

Here’s the part numbers for these parts:

‘24 Tacoma Base Rim 42601-AK031

Tundra Base Lug Nuts 90942-A1003

Tires: BF GOODRICH ALL TERRAIN A/T
255/75R17
Have you considered 255/80R17? The are a tiny bit larger but should still fit.

Back