16 days and counting…and now she is here!!!

Congratulations! I’m 2 weeks and 900 miles ahead of you. Put PPF on hood, fenders, A pillars, roof, mirrors and door sills with ceramic everywhere else. Already prevented rock hits from chipping paint. The stock LTX trail tires are absolute crap, paper thin sidewalls replaced with K03’s in stock size. As close to indestructible as you will get.
I’ve spent 2 or 3 days reading the owners manual. Never have done that before my hybrid F 150 I’ve never even looked in the manual. Once you set the screen options on the 3 multi info displays, have your settings you want on driver assist etc, and know all the features of the multi media display you are good to go!
Here’s photo with K03’s stock 18’s.

Attachments

• IMG_1750.jpeg
    IMG_1750.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 58
So one of the things I learned from someone on this forum.......... If you use the blinker the lane correction won't fight you when changing lanes.
My daughter told me that there is ONE company that makes the chips for all of the electronic nanny’s on todays cars. Their Honda mini van has many of the same controls as Daisy, and she told me that too. I haven’t used the cruise control yet, as per break-in instructions.

Here’s photo with K03’s stock 18’s.
I will probably install those when the Michelins are done. I noticed that the tread depth on the OEM Michelins is nowhere near the depth of the ones at Costco.

Last edited:
I may install those when the Michelins are done. I noticed that the tread depth on the OEM Michelins is nowhere near the depth of the ones at Costco.
I hear you. But I was shocked inspecting those stock tires after removing them. I think I could cut through the sidewall with a small pocket knife and no effort. Definitely the weak link as delivered.

They look like real rock tossers to me. Wonder how Michelin deals with the 75K mile warranty on the LTX Trails. Sad they chinsed on the tread depth. K03s might be good in the snow.
I may install those when the Michelins are done. I noticed that the tread depth on the OEM Michelins is nowhere near the depth of the ones at Costco.

They look like real rock tossers to me. Wonder how Michelin deals with the 75K mile warranty on the LTX Trails. Sad they chinsed on the tread depth. K03s might be good in the snow.
my mistake. I see on Costco LTX Trails warranty is only 55k miles. Defender LTX is 70K.

my mistake. I see on Costco LTX Trails warranty is only 55k miles. Defender LTX is 70K.
Yes you are correct, 55K.
Go to Michelins website and read the warranty and failure issues. (Michelinman.com)
It’s the tundra stock tire which surprises me. Ford F series usually pirelli scorpions or if your lucky Michelin LTX AT^2, a great tire. Comes on super duties. I hate catastrophic tire failures, changing tires in the worst places. Defenders are OK for interstate and city, not much else. Ive had multiple failures. More than 100K on BFG K02’s not one failure. Fingers crossed!

After having the truck glass tinted with that fancy smancy ceramic window tint (every piece of glass!) yesterday, we took off today to do some sightseeing to an almost local attraction, Ruby Falls, outside of Chattanooga, Tennessee, about 100 miles from here.

The gas tank from the first tank of E0 90 octane was about half gone. So I stopped in at a local station that sells 93 octane E0. Filled up and left for Chattanooga. Because we were dropping down somewhat in elevation, we obtained about 26.5 mpg. YaY! Enjoyed seeing Ruby Falls for the first time in my life. 1100 feet underground, the waterfall drops down about 90 feet. Kinda cool. Left there for Costco for some supplies to take back to the mountain abode. Did the ~speed limit the entire way home. Drum Roll….

23.2 mpg (on the dash), doing slightly under the speed limit or the speed limit whenever possible, and not using the cruise control. Only briefly ‘goosed it’ once. OEM Michelins, @ ~35 psi (initially were at 39 to 40 psi from the dealer). I will lower the pressure more tomorrow morning, with the aid of a new electronic air gauge, then another trip down to Atlanta, about two hours away.

Yea.. I like this truck..

Apple Car Play kept ‘kicking me out’, and the screen would default to whatever map came on the LC FE. Finally remedied the problem by disconnecting the iPhone from the LC and gong through the entire process again. Seems to be holding for now, although I did see a screen that said that I might need to take it to the dealer. (?)

The other thing I need to do is figure out how to turn down the brightness of the huge screen in the center of the truck cockpit, or even turn it off. It is extremely distracting at night, making it difficult to drive.

Drove down to Marietta from NC, mostly cruise control, nothing over 60 mph. 93 octane in the tank, tires properly inflated to 33 PSI as per driver’s side B pillar.

24.3 MPG on the dash. (And that was with one stop at a grocery store), and ~5 miles of stop and go city traffic). I really feel sorry for people that are only getting 17 MPG.

Drove down to Marietta from NC, mostly cruise control, nothing over 60 mph. 93 octane in the tank, tires properly inflated to 33 PSI as per driver’s side B pillar.

24.3 MPG on the dash. (And that was with one stop at a grocery store), and ~5 miles of stop and go city traffic). I really feel sorry for people that are only getting 17 MPG.
Nothing over 60? Who drives that slow on the interstate. No wonder you got 24 mpg. Hope you are in right lane! 😂

Nothing over 60? Who drives that slow on the interstate. No wonder you got 24 mpg. Hope you are in right lane! 😂
At my age, I am in no hurry. I was in the right hand lane, Karen. And I wasn’t on an interstate. 🙄

Back