What tire size will the new Land Cruiser have?

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
What size tires do you think the Land Cruiser will come with?

I'm hesitant to say that the standard new Land Cruiser will come with a 33-inch tire, but I bet they have an upgraded trim level that does.

Sadly, most likely only the Trailhunter variants will come with the 33-inchers. It would sure be nice, as presently with the 4-Runner Limited, one could bundle in the optional wheels for tires more suitable for off-roading, and in my case, winter ice/snow.

• Admin
I hope we see the same tire that's on the Overtrail GX550 - 33" Toyo Open Country ATIII (265/70r18)

gx550-overtrail-tire-specs.jpg

I had those Open Countyโ€™s on my 2018 Tundra and loved them. Smooth and relatively quite on road and good traction off-road. Thats what I would put on.

• Admin
I'm not too worried about the stock tires.
Presently, 245/70R18 all-season for the 1958, and 265/70R18 all-season for the Land Cruiser and Land Cruiser First Edition models. Street tires! DISAPPOINTING!

I agree. At least it's an easy swap. I'll probably go with the Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W tires right away.

Presently, 245/70R18 all-season for the 1958, and 265/70R18 all-season for the Land Cruiser and Land Cruiser First Edition models. Street tires! DISAPPOINTING!
I'm sure it helps Toyota set a lower entry price for the vehicle and allows the purchaser the ability to modify it to suit their needs.

Has anyone found out the width of the stock wheels? I am guessing they are going to be narrow, but I would like to know what I'm working with. Do I need to swap tires, or tires and wheels?

I wouldn't mind going down to 17's and getting more rubber to get to 33-inch, but I need width to do that.

I used a tire calculator for the Land Cruiser's 265/70R18 tire and here are the dimensions.

Diameter: 32.6"
Width: 10.4"
Sidewall: 7.3"
Recommended wheel width: 7-9"

With that info, I'm going to guess that the stock Land Cruiser wheel is 7-8" wide. Hopefully, Toyota will release the full specs soon.

Toyota is good at selecting tires for optimal value and fuel efficiency. Iโ€™m not interested in the stock 20 inch option, and both 18 inch options are on the lighter end of the spectrum. Iโ€™m also searching for tires that are not the heaviest or lightest available.

I have General Grabber A/Ts on my Jeep (white letters out) and they are awesome. I expect to see a resurgence of white letter A/T tires on the new Land Cruiser. I can definitely imagine some right-sized white letter A/T tires on my LC 250 in Ice Cap.

Toyota is good at selecting tires for optimal value and fuel efficiency. Iโ€™m not interested in the stock 20 inch option, and both 18 inch options are on the lighter end of the spectrum. Iโ€™m also searching for tires that are not the heaviest or lightest available.

I have General Grabber A/Ts on my Jeep (white letters out) and they are awesome. I expect to see a resurgence of white letter A/T tires on the new Land Cruiser. I can definitely imagine some right-sized white letter A/T tires on my LC 250 in Ice Cap.
Are you getting good wear out of those? My Tundra has a history of really chewing through tires. I'm currently on Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's and I've been quite happy with them. But they are expensive here in Canada.

Are you getting good wear out of those? My Tundra has a history of really chewing through tires. I'm currently on Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's and I've been quite happy with them. But they are expensive here in Canada.
I have 13,000 miles so far without any noticeable wear. I have the spare in the rotation program which I plan to replicate on the LC 250. I tend to replace tires well before the warranty wear levels; a mid-level tire with lots of tread is better than an expensive/heavy worn out tire. The General Grabbers seem to be a good balance between value, performance, and durability. The General Grabbers do pick up and fling stones more than other tires Iโ€™ve had however.

I have 13,000 miles so far without any noticeable wear. I have the spare in the rotation program which I plan to replicate on the LC 250. I tend to replace tires well before the warranty wear levels; a mid-level tire with lots of tread is better than an expensive/heavy worn out tire. The General Grabbers seem to be a good balance between value, performance, and durability. The General Grabbers do pick up and fling stones more than other tires Iโ€™ve had however.
The Falkens are no different in terms of the stones. Probably my only complaint.

I have run General M/Ts for the last 15 years. Red letters, now X3s.
I would love to see some light gray wheels (white letters out) on a two tone Land Cruiser.

I'm sure it helps Toyota set a lower entry price for the vehicle and allows the purchaser the ability to modify it to suit their needs.
This is the thinking. Anyone that cares what tires they run will likely have a strong opinion on what brand and size they want. Some people want the biggest/widest tires made under a 6" lift. Some want 35" pizza cutters on a 3" lift (me). Some people swear by BFG's, some people hate them (me again).

I think a lower target MSRP was a non-negotiable bullet point when Toyota set out to develop this truck. Knowing the majority of buyers will immediately swap tires anyway, they probably put the money into other things.

I'm not too worried about the stock tires.

I agree. At least it's an easy swap. I'll probably go with the Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W tires right away.

Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W are my absolute favorite tires. They are relatively quiet on road too!

Falken will be phasing the t3W's out for the new WILDPEAK A/T4Ws. We shall see.

Last edited:
Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W are my absolute favorite tires. They are relatively quiet on road too!

Falken will be phasing the t3W's out for the new WILDPEAK A/T4Ws. We shall see.
I have them on my Tundra. I'd say they are the best AT's I've had on that truck so far, and I've gone through at least 2 or 3 other brands over the years.

Back